Phat tyre clone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaudet

Reaction score
Never had one, but that won't stop me from trying to make it.

Got a recipe from another brewer at the LHBS yesterday. Did my mash in and got almost 3 gallons of nice wort. Doing a batch sparge method and just waiting for the second runnings to collect them.

Then a gravity reading and off to the boil. I'll post the recipe later if anyone wants to try it.

Sounds like a recipe Id like if I dont already have it in Beersmith which I have to upload again, Glad I have the disc, I refuse to buy any programs without having the disc anymore.

7#'s Briess American 2 row
2# Maris Otter
1/2# Caramber Biscuit Malt
1/2# Briess Crystal 90L
1/2# Light Munich(type I)
1/4# Briess Victory (biscuit)
1oz Northern Brewer Hops (60 Minute boil)
0.70 Oz Willamette (15 minute boil)
0.30 oz Willamette (5 minute boil)
Nottingham Ale Yeast

Pre boil 6.5 gallons wort collected and I got a SG of 1.044
Post Boil 5.25 gallons and I got 1.055 sg

My initial strike was 4 gallons at 154 F for 1 hour. I collected just under 3 gallons wort. Mashed out at 168 F for 1/2 hour with 4 more gallons and colledted the remaining wort to a total of 6.5 gallons in the boil pot.

Took me almost an hour to chill it down to 75 degrees in the sink (i need a wort chiller)

Dry pitched the yeast into a 6 gallon carboy and placed the 3 piece airlock. Its sitting in the bus tray in my computer room waiting to start bubbling.

That is a good looking and accurate looking recipe. Also Wade, you don't really need a disk with Beersmith, just save your serial number and you can download it and re-install on any machine.

I have to do it with my anti virus and every time it says the key is no good and I need to get a new one which requires me to email them and wait. They are usually very prompt about sending me a new revised key but I just hate the fact that I have to go through that. Smurfe, have you ever tried that Beer ?

There is a fat tire in my kegerator. It finished at 1.016, racked it and kegged it now its going to chill for a few weeks while waiting to be enjoyed.

Smelled great. tasted a couple drops from the refractometer pipette. think its gonna be really good.

Latest posts

Back