ph METER QUESTION

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one just came with the #7 solution....Now I read you can use that for storage on this unit as well some vendors say to use water for storage...

I think this is a throw away...don't believe there is a replacement probe as it seems built in.

I believe the Checker and Hanna have replacement probes and use 2 solutions to calibrate.

I keep checking our wines and they seem in the ball park....the ones I think are very acidly test that way...the test solution reads right....I calibrated it the first go around and use it every day or two....have re-calibrated it a couple times and it seems right on.

I don't know what to recommend.....I am well pleased with this gift and so far have faith in it.

Let us know what you choose and how you like it...

Thanks NW. After some research I belive I'm going to purchase the meter you have . The Hanna checker1 has two different buffer solutions that you have to calibrate the meter with and the probe replacement cost $19. So for the money and if it displays good readings, I think this is the better deal. If it goes bad ,throw it away and buy another, e-bay= $20.99.

Back