Peach Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of those rare occasions where I didn't measure the juice precisely--I drained it directly into the bucket. I juiced approximately 5 pounds destoned peaches and 2 bananas. The Mehu Liisa recipe book said I should get 1 to 1 1/2 cups per pound. My best guess Is that I got juice nearer 1 1/2 cups per pound or about 7 1/2 cups total. The juice had a nice color, having picked up some color from the peach skins and smelled wonderful. I ended up with the juice equivalent of 5 pounds peaches per 1 1/2 gallons must--perhaps too dilute but time will tell.

joeswine said:

waldo could you add this separately after the fact or only at the beginning,i usually create body by not diluting the produce than entering a heavy f/PAC of the like fruit ,may I,ll try it,cant hurt.Take a look under chocolate orange post (topic)

http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=12

The banana juice is added at the beginning joe. Again, from my experience, it's not just a matter of diluting the product ( peaches in this case) Peaches on their own, tend to make a thin bodied wine regardless of the amount of fruit used.

I believe you will really like it joe. Try it on a gallon batch and see what you think

I was approached by my parents to make them some peach wine. They had allready peeled off the skins and have frozen them with the intention on eating them later. they ended up with a crap load of them so they decided to approach me with some. All of the recipes I have found say to leave the skins on. I have seen some recipes somewhere making wine out of canned peaches that don't have skins. What should one do with frozen peaches with no skins. How would the recipe differ... Any thoughts on a recipe????

I would go for it and I dont think there would be that much of a difference between with and without skins.

I think you should find there is a much darker Hugh to the wine and a little hard to clear but handled properly peach's,sugar and water,yeast and a way you go.....................
i

touchtoomuch said:
I was approached by my parents to make them some peach wine. They had allready peeled off the skins and have frozen them with the intention on eating them later. they ended up with a crap load of them so they decided to approach me with some. All of the recipes I have found say to leave the skins on. I have seen some recipes somewhere making wine out of canned peaches that don't have skins. What should one do with frozen peaches with no skins. How would the recipe differ... Any thoughts on a recipe????

It will make a good wine without benefit of the skins but will make a better wine with the skins. As to the exact reason why, I cannot answer that. I can only share what my personalexperience has taught me.

Racked & stabilizedthe Peach this morning at an SG of .996 and began the degassing process. The gallon jug will be racked again this evening into a half gallon jug. The wine right now is extremenly gassy but has a fairly nice nose, retaining the boquet of the Peaches from whence they were made. For me, this is a good sign.
degassingpeach82608.jpg

I am using the vacu vin method of degasing on this one.

peachracd82608.jpg

That looks like a real nice color there waldo so Im sure it has retained lots of flavor. Cant wait to taste it!
smiley9.gif

Question for you Waldo. I see Jack Keller peach wine recipes call for 3 lbs of peaches per gallon, but you used just over 4 lbs/gallon. Do you feel the peach wine needs the higher concentration of fruit?

My girlfriend just got back from vacation in Colorado and brought me25 lbs of fresh peaches (think she might be a keeper?
smiley1.gif
). After removing the pits, I now have 18 lbs of peaches in my freezer. I was planning on making 6 gallons with these peaches, but maybe I should make a smaller batch.

I tend to use more fruit than most on most all of my wines travisty. It is my personal preference to have a very fruit forward end product.

wade said:
That looks like a real nice color there waldo so Im sure it has retained lots of flavor. Cant wait to taste it!
smiley9.gif

Didst I perchance garner a "hint" from your post there wade ole buddy
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back