Vineco Passport Viognier Roussanne Marsanne

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geek , you can't take all your money with you take a chance it's not the national debt and a good white in your stock is always worth while.

Its working fast. What is the room temp? I started my Viogner and Marsanne on December 6th and they are still fermenting. ;)

Cool, 70F.
I could slow it down bringing the bucket to the basement, but I started this kit last Wednesday, so it's a week today and is around the 1.010 mark.

Cool, 70F.
I could slow it down bringing the bucket to the basement, but I started this kit last Wednesday, so it's a week today and is around the 1.010 mark.
Mine were below 60 until recently. Trying to keep as much fruit taste as as possible. Just trying to get it to wrap up!! I am interested in how yours turns out. I'd like to do this kit and compare to the juice buckets.

I've done white kits in the basement since I like to keep them cool in fermentation, even when the room temp is in the 50s but needed to warm up the bucket to bring the must into the 60s, 60s is the ideal temp for me when making these white wine kits, specially with QA23 and BA11. Slow cooking time and better fruit flavor.

I will keep posting here as I move this along.

I've done white kits in the basement since I like to keep them cool in fermentation, even when the room temp is in the 50s but needed to warm up the bucket to bring the must into the 60s, 60s is the ideal temp for me when making these white wine kits, specially with QA23 and BA11. Slow cooking time and better fruit flavor.

Amen

Well I waited and here are my results, taste good upfront,not much in the middle and like drinking water at the finish ,VERY disappointed to say the least all that money and no finish .By the time fermentation was completed I had 5 gallons left ok that tells me it sgshou be strong ,N????? Very unhappy with this one.

Well I waited and here are my results, taste good upfront,not much in the middle and like drinking water at the finish ,VERY disappointed to say the least all that money and no finish .By the time fermentation was completed I had 5 gallons left ok that tells me it sgshou be strong ,N????? Very unhappy with this one.

WOW, need to check mine and see how it is.

Please let me know this kit for me finished worst than any cheap wine kit I've ever done, really.

I checked but mine is still in the 5gal glass carboy.
I will get this in bottles hopefully soon since I started it in February.

Don't you think that that is a lot of boil off from what was supposed to be a grade A kit.???????

I'll let you know what I think when I get a chance to sip it, will rack and bottle soon.
I'm surprised you didn't like this wine since Vineco and the Passport series is always a winner.

the brand isn't my concern the finished product is, I thought that was clear .there was something not correct with the batch this kit came from, 9ncr again the finish or backend of this wine's taste is thin and watery ( no taste) at all. I need to call George at Fwys. Tast uours or anyone else who made it let me Know jow yours turned out.

Joe, I took a bit of wine into a glass and left in the fridge to cool.
Although it was a bit of wine I think I liked what I tasted, it has a good acid finish and in fact tasted a bit like a Sauvignon Blanc.

I will know better when I get a full glass at bottling time.

Can you post all your numbers to compare with mine.
I used QA23 yeast instead and I remember the SG ended at 0.994 before I added the fpack.

I will check my final numbers when I get back to the office tomorrow but post all your numbers so we compare tomorrow.

Back