Vineco Passport Viognier Roussanne Marsanne

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be starting mine in a week or two (changing my work area a little). After reading these comments, I wonder whether this one would benefit from some oak?

Joe,

Here are my notes on this kit, I am surprised I didn't add extra notes after fermentation and racking, I thought this kit came with an f-pack?

Feb. 15, 2018 1.094 swapped and pitched QA23 yeast around 8pm

Feb 19 1.030

Feb 20 1.020

Feb 23 0.994 racked to 6gal plastic carboy, will leave it alone for a week, PH=3.00

I'd check the pH from the carboy again, but would be curious about your numbers and yeast used.

EDIT: This is an off-dry wine so am sure it came with an f-pack, again just surprised I have nothing about it in my notes, oh well.

Last edited:
I just pulled a sample of mine and chilled it for about 30 minutes. I'm a fan. The acid is a little strong, but I think that's because I put ~2/3 of the f-pack into the primary - not as much sugar to cover it up.

I just pulled a sample of mine and chilled it for about 30 minutes. I'm a fan. The acid is a little strong, but I think that's because I put ~2/3 of the f-pack into the primary - not as much sugar to cover it up.

Good to know, do you have the SG before/after f-pack Jim?
I think this wine is a winner to me, really need to get a full glass soon.

How was the body thin ,med or full mine was the consistency of water.

Hello Everyone!
I'm thinking my post/request was missed because I'm not replying specifically to someone.
I will be starting mine in a week. You are sharing results and numbers, so I am wondering if any of you would have done something differently? Also, I wonder if you think this would benefit from the addition of oak? Joe, I know you are disappointed....is there anything you suggest I do differently?
Looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts. Thanks!

Hello Everyone!
I'm thinking my post/request was missed because I'm not replying specifically to someone.
I will be starting mine in a week. You are sharing results and numbers, so I am wondering if any of you would have done something differently? Also, I wonder if you think this would benefit from the addition of oak? Joe, I know you are disappointed....is there anything you suggest I do differently?
Looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts. Thanks!

Not my normal MO, but I think if I did anything differently, I'd reserve more of the f-pack for sweetening. I tend to like 'em dry, but I may have made this one a little drier than I should have.

Not my normal MO, but I think if I did anything differently, I'd reserve more of the f-pack for sweetening. I tend to like 'em dry, but I may have made this one a little drier than I should have.
Thanks, Jim, I will keep that in mind, as I would have done the same as you since I like dry wine. I'm wondering if anyone else used the entire f-pack at the end and if it turns out sweet or just off dry.

I’m really surprised that my notes have no mention of the fpack, in fact I see nothing after I racked first out of primary.

I typically add some of the fpack up front depending on its size content or weight, if this has a small pack I assume I used just a tiny bit and then the rest at the end.
I will see if I can measure SG and pH before I bottle, which may take longer since I’m heading to Jamaica this weekend and then Mexico the next, hijahh [emoji4]

I’m really surprised that my notes have no mention of the fpack, in fact I see nothing after I racked first out of primary.

I typically add some of the fpack up front depending on its size content or weight, if this has a small pack I assume I used just a tiny bit and then the rest at the end.

That's probably because my notes are wrong, and yours are right. I just looked the kit up on FineVineWines and there is no f-pack. I think I had a remnant in my notes when I copied over the Blanc de Noir sheet to use as a template. :slp

That's probably because my notes are wrong, and yours are right. I just looked the kit up on FineVineWines and there is no f-pack. I think I had a remnant in my notes when I copied over the Blanc de Noir sheet to use as a template. :slp

I wouldn’t trust the info on FVW, specifically the fpack as they typically have it wrong in many cases I’ve seen.

I checked Vineco’s page and the wine is off-dry, so there’s definitely fpack in the kit. [emoji4]

I wouldn’t trust the info on FVW, specifically the fpack as they typically have it wrong in many cases I’ve seen.

I checked Vineco’s page and the wine is off-dry, so there’s definitely fpack in the kit. [emoji4]
Just opened my kit and there IS an fpack, a small one, but it's there.

Yes, there is an fpack, just opened my box and there is a small fpack.

Latest posts

Back