RJ Spagnols Orange Chocolate Port Noob

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can not give you alcohol, They are not licensed to sell you alcohol only the stuff to make it!

Okay, so basically I fermented some red grape juice that they gave me... I will add some flavoring to make it Orange Chocolatey tasting and now I add some brandy to pump up the alcohol content and make it Port... is that about right?

Last edited:
Sorry, never saw your last reply, you dont have to bump up the abv, what is it at right now?

Okay, so basically I fermented some red grape juice that they gave me... I will add some flavoring to make it Orange Chocolatey tasting and now I add some brandy to pump up the alcohol content and make it Port... is that about right?

They cannot use the word Port so it is a Port style wine. But the wine you are making is a Port. Then you add the flavoring to make it Orange Chocolate. The option of adding additional alcohol (brandy, vodka, everclear or whatever) would boost the alcohol from 15-17 up a couple of percent.

Back