One of my corks keeps popping back up.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I just finished bottling and one of my corks keeps popping up about a quarter inch above the bottle. I've pushed the cork down several times in four hours. All the other corks have stayed put. The wine level is a little high. About a quarter inch below the cork when fully seated.

is it a different style bottle? there is NO way i'm strong enough to push down an already seated cork … wonder if maybe the bottle neck is just a titch looser? but yah .. the level will make it tough too … can only compress air so much … had one on a recent batch where i was training someone else how to fill bottles. got it a bit too full and when she went to put the cork in blew the punt right off the bottom … what a mess!!

is it a different style bottle? there is NO way i'm strong enough to push down an already seated cork … wonder if maybe the bottle neck is just a titch looser? but yah .. the level will make it tough too … can only compress air so much … had one on a recent batch where i was training someone else how to fill bottles. got it a bit too full and when she went to put the cork in blew the punt right off the bottom … what a mess!!

That would suck. I was using a hand Corker to push it back down. I pulled the cork, removed a little wine, inserted a new cork, and it's staying down now. Thanks for the help. I was being lazy and didn't want to get the corks and Corker out again.

Latest posts

Back