OMG can u believe this!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigham

Reaction score
smiley19.gif
Woke up to this,this morning!!
20070517_073853_100_5346_Small.JPG
20070517_073922_100_5347_Small.JPG
20070517_073958_100_5348_Small.JPG

Must be Calgary or Edmonton...I remember from living in Edmonton, that you do NOT plant anything before the May long weekend, or you risk snow damage to your plants. I think about 15 years ago, there was one helluva blizzard on that weekend, that almost took out my car.

It is Prince Edward Island, even worse!! but when summer does come its heaven!

I looked at the pictures and couldn't decide whether you were remarking about the snow or the fact that you could see green through the snow.</font></font>

appleman said:
Trigham said:
It is Prince Edward Island, even worse!! but when summer does come its heaven!

And it's <STRIKE>two</STRIKE> three weeks of the best weather of the year!
smiley4.gif

hahahahahaha funny but sometimes true apple
smiley2.gif

peterCooper said:
I looked at the pictures and couldn't decide whether you were remarking about the snow or the fact that you could see green through the snow.

Peter, my wife was thinking about cutting the grass this weekend, and when we woke this morning this is what we have!! Never Ever mess with or try to understand Mother nature in eastern Canada
smiley5.gif

For Waldo if your looking
smiley4.gif
the trout still bite so no fear Waldo if u want to come fishing with me anytime!!

Northern Winos said:
I see big pink buds on a tree. in the first photo...what is it????

It is a magnolia tree(i think), which when blooms makes flowers the size of dinner plates. the whole tree becomes white and pink, it actually blooms a couple of times during the season,it was another bonus of the home if you ask me!! ill take a pic when it blooms for you NW

Last time I was in PEI, I was working in Charlottetown from late November to a few days before Xmas, and there was hardly any snow. I remember flying in from Halifax and thinking as I looked down that I should NOT be seeing red dirt at this time of year. It stayed nice the whole time.

The only bad part of the trip was when I came home from the far far east coast to the far far west coast, it took me almost a month to get used to pacific time again.

Dean said:
Last time I was in PEI, I was working in Charlottetown from late November to a few days before Xmas, and there was hardly any snow. I remember flying in from Halifax and thinking as I looked down that I should NOT be seeing red dirt at this time of year. It stayed nice the whole time.

The only bad part of the trip was when I came home from the far far east coast to the far far west coast, it took me almost a month to get used to pacific time again.

I know what you mean Dean going one way isnt bad its going back that is the killer. What were you doing in Ch'town. thats where I Live. willu come back? and your right not many places in the world have this wierd red soil
smiley36.gif

We had tornado's yesterday and in the next town over. No big deal for
alot of you cause your usedto it but Im not here in CT. It took out my
co-workers wifes car while she was parked in her driveway. Just as she
pulled in a BIG tree branch fell on the rear of
her Honda and destroyed it and the frame and also took down powerlines
which were live and sparking behind her car.

I lived in Fairbanks, AK for one year and we were told to not think about planting anything until Memorial Day! Then everything was planted in small hills and grew like gang-busters for 100 days. Then winter came and it was over.

It was cold here to. We had a high of 82 today. Sort of a cold snap compared to the last week.

Trigham said:
I know what you mean Dean going one way isnt bad its going back that is the killer. What were you doing in Ch'town. thats where I Live. willu come back? and your right not many places in the world have this wierd red soil
smiley36.gif

I was doing a project for Veteran's Affairs Canada. I don't think I'll be back as that contract was with Novell Canada for a very specific product that has long since been dropped. The project was a success, its just that the product doesn't exist for me to come and even upgrade it.

That being said, however, in the next few years, I plan to ride across Canada to check it all out again. I fell in love with the area a few years ago, and would love to get back there to visit.

[/QUOTE]

I was doing a project for Veteran's Affairs Canada. I don't think I'll be back as that contract was with Novell Canada for a very specific product that has long since been dropped. The project was a success, its just that the product doesn't exist for me to come and even upgrade it.

That being said, however, in the next few years, I plan to ride across Canada to check it all out again. I fell in love with the area a few years ago, and would love to get back there to visit.[/QUOTE]

A lot of my freinds work for DVA, if your coming let me know ahead of time and we will make plans!!

smurfe said:
It was cold here to. We had a high of 82 today. Sort of a cold snap compared to the last week.
wow smurfe, we barely get to thatatthe best of summer here!!!

Yep Smurfe we had a high today of 45 degrees and will be in the upper 30s tonight again for the third night in a row. High next week up to almost normal at 65 or so. Can't wait for June, July and August, although the cool weather is good for working in, but who wants to work ALL the time?
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back