No new guys checkin here?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

ohbeary

ohbeary
Reaction score
Well as there is no "checkin" apparent here's my own:h
Hi I'm Harry generally known as "the bear" hence "ohbeary", sure to be seein you's around here, as you are here already!:hug, I'm kinda older, been makin stuff for 30+ years, know stuff, still learning, every day is a school day as my mate Rob says, cheer's m'dears,H.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Harry, welcome aboard. So, what have you made or are you making?

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Harry,

Welcome and while you may be still learning I am sure there is a lot you can teach us. Glad to have you here.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
No check in here Harry, just be sure to toss a few coins in the can by the door each time you visit!! LOL

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to you sharing your wisdom and experiences with us.

Troy

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
We're counting on you to keep him in line Leanne.

Tom

Reaction score
Welcome! :br
What kind of wine do you make and whats fermenting? :sm

ohbeary

ohbeary
Reaction score
Why thankyou kind peeps, being a scratchy old git I will try to curb my enthusiasm:h , what am I making,
40 pints Woodfordes Great Eastern Ale conditioning
1gal cranberry&WGJ
1gal Tropical juice&WGJ
1gal Tropical juice%RGJ
1gal Mango&Lychee
1gal Cherry&Berry juice
1gal Blackcurrant (from cordial)
5gal mixed fruit juices (5ltrs juices[2 of which Guava] + 5ltrs WGJ, 2ltrsRGJ)
{this is a blend that with the ingredients of the various cartons is tooooo long to put in full, but is in my recipe book} sufice to say it makes a darn good Rose', slight armpit smell at first from the guava but it goes after a few weeks, the result is like a medium dry white Zinfandel!!.
Too much wine under the bridge to list all that I have made:d, but a good few kits of various qualities lots of hedgerow stuff, juice wines currently in favour, had some failures(drain cleaner!):slp, there more to tell, but L8r.

Tom

Reaction score
Nice variety.. Now, how long will that last? Wouldn't last to long here LOL
:dg :dg: :dg

Tom

Reaction score
BTW
I also make beer. What can you tell me about Woodfordes Great Eastern Ale ?
recipe? what does it taste like compares to something I have heard of in the States.

xanxer82

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. These guys and gals will have your laughing all the time.

ohbeary

ohbeary
Reaction score
Ta muchly xx8, laughing? with a stiff upper lip!, not possible old boy!:h, cheer's my 'ansome, as we do say down 'ere.

ohbeary

ohbeary
Reaction score
BTW
I also make beer. What can you tell me about Woodfordes Great Eastern Ale ?
recipe? what does it taste like compares to something I have heard of in the States.
Sorry Tom I don't have the recipe it comes in two cans as a kit with yeast inna box http://www.woodfordes.co.uk/shopping/ I don't know if they ship across the pond.
Taste, I'll have to drink some now!;) bear with me, hoppy aroma (fuggles?), slightly dry but not tannic, light and fresh on the tongue not over malted, there is a fruit connection but I'm only on the 6th bottle, (not tonight!:h), a pale/light brown ale(not brownale)/amber?, head clings to the glass must be plenty of crystal malt in there.
I'm afraid I am totally ignorant of US beers, apart from "Bud" if you like fizzy pop, fine, drink it!!.

Did you ever hear of a book called "Brewing Beers Like Those You Buy" by David Line?, excellent book, world beers in you cellar!.

Tom

Reaction score
No I havent.
Have you made a Newcastle Clone? Is along that line of taste..

ohbeary

ohbeary
Reaction score
No I havent.
Have you made a Newcastle Clone? Is along that line of taste..
a) try to get it, a very good book!
b) nothing like Newqy brown, not nearly as sweet!! and not as malty.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Harry, being the inquisiotor that I am, I know there have not been any bears in the British Isles for hundreds of years. I have to wonder how you were given a nickname of an animal few Brits have ever seen.

ohbeary

ohbeary
Reaction score
in short, grumpy old chef "bear with sore head" given to growling at junior chefs and wait staff:h