No new guys checkin here?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohbeary

ohbeary
Reaction score
Well as there is no "checkin" apparent here's my own:h
Hi I'm Harry generally known as "the bear" hence "ohbeary", sure to be seein you's around here, as you are here already!:hug, I'm kinda older, been makin stuff for 30+ years, know stuff, still learning, every day is a school day as my mate Rob says, cheer's m'dears,H.

Hi Harry,

Welcome and while you may be still learning I am sure there is a lot you can teach us. Glad to have you here.

No check in here Harry, just be sure to toss a few coins in the can by the door each time you visit!! LOL

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to you sharing your wisdom and experiences with us.

Troy

Welcome! :br
What kind of wine do you make and whats fermenting? :sm

Why thankyou kind peeps, being a scratchy old git I will try to curb my enthusiasm:h , what am I making,
40 pints Woodfordes Great Eastern Ale conditioning
1gal cranberry&WGJ
1gal Tropical juice&WGJ
1gal Tropical juice%RGJ
1gal Mango&Lychee
1gal Cherry&Berry juice
1gal Blackcurrant (from cordial)
5gal mixed fruit juices (5ltrs juices[2 of which Guava] + 5ltrs WGJ, 2ltrsRGJ)
{this is a blend that with the ingredients of the various cartons is tooooo long to put in full, but is in my recipe book} sufice to say it makes a darn good Rose', slight armpit smell at first from the guava but it goes after a few weeks, the result is like a medium dry white Zinfandel!!.
Too much wine under the bridge to list all that I have made:d, but a good few kits of various qualities lots of hedgerow stuff, juice wines currently in favour, had some failures(drain cleaner!):slp, there more to tell, but L8r.

Nice variety.. Now, how long will that last? Wouldn't last to long here LOL
:dg :dg: :dg

BTW
I also make beer. What can you tell me about Woodfordes Great Eastern Ale ?
recipe? what does it taste like compares to something I have heard of in the States.

Welcome aboard. These guys and gals will have your laughing all the time.

Ta muchly xx8, laughing? with a stiff upper lip!, not possible old boy!:h, cheer's my 'ansome, as we do say down 'ere.

BTW
I also make beer. What can you tell me about Woodfordes Great Eastern Ale ?
recipe? what does it taste like compares to something I have heard of in the States.

Sorry Tom I don't have the recipe it comes in two cans as a kit with yeast inna box http://www.woodfordes.co.uk/shopping/ I don't know if they ship across the pond.
Taste, I'll have to drink some now!;) bear with me, hoppy aroma (fuggles?), slightly dry but not tannic, light and fresh on the tongue not over malted, there is a fruit connection but I'm only on the 6th bottle, (not tonight!:h), a pale/light brown ale(not brownale)/amber?, head clings to the glass must be plenty of crystal malt in there.
I'm afraid I am totally ignorant of US beers, apart from "Bud" if you like fizzy pop, fine, drink it!!.

Did you ever hear of a book called "Brewing Beers Like Those You Buy" by David Line?, excellent book, world beers in you cellar!.

No I havent.
Have you made a Newcastle Clone? Is along that line of taste..

No I havent.
Have you made a Newcastle Clone? Is along that line of taste..

a) try to get it, a very good book!
b) nothing like Newqy brown, not nearly as sweet!! and not as malty.

Harry, being the inquisiotor that I am, I know there have not been any bears in the British Isles for hundreds of years. I have to wonder how you were given a nickname of an animal few Brits have ever seen.

in short, grumpy old chef "bear with sore head" given to growling at junior chefs and wait staff:h

Latest posts

Back