No More Grapes/Juice from Harford

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a bad feeling, dude joins, taunts you lost souls with apples from the forbidden tree, first and only post, then goes radio silent.......better be making your contingency plans.
Sorry if it seemed like a tease but I am serious. I was just traveling for a few days and couldn't get back to the thread. I run a wine making club in Harford County. I am getting high quality suisun and Napa valley grapes delivered to me this fall. If I can help you guys out id be glad to. Just let me know. Thx

Interested in all those myself. Going to get the premium zin from Procacci for the 3rd year in a row, start to build a vertical. Then I'm thinking of getting two other batches from Gino's. I like all the sexy grape choices you list, might choose one or two of those. But thinking and leaning more towards an Alicante batch and a Sangiovese batch.

Yeah I like throwing in 1 or 2 small batches for fun as well. I’m thinking of grabbing 3 lugs in south Philly to make my family’s old D*** red recipe. 2 Muscat and 1 Alicante. (Blended after fermentation)
Your Alicante (almost black little tannin) and Sangio (light/more tannin) ideas are cool. Kinda both extremes. I’ve read Alicante is the only grape with actual red juice in the berry too. Perfect for adding color w/o changing flavor profile, but I’ve never had it straight.
And my Sangiovese from Procaccci last fall (both Regina & pia) was extremely light. At 50% of my Tuscan blend the wine is lighter than I hoped, in spite of Cab and Merlot making up the other half. But interestingly enough the wine is now becoming quite enjoyable. Hoping time in a new frenchie will compliment this easy drinker well.

Sorry if it seemed like a tease but I am serious. I was just traveling for a few days and couldn't get back to the thread. I run a wine making club in Harford County. I am getting high quality suisun and Napa valley grapes delivered to me this fall. If I can help you guys out id be glad to. Just let me know. Thx

Do you have a website? Any details on how/when you order?

Do you have a website? Any details on how/when you order?
Our Wine club had a website but now just a facebook page. WineCrafters. I am working on a web page for the grapes since that may be more of a commercial venture .I am currently a retail account for grapes with the supplier's supplier and would have to become wholesale if I wanted to make it into a commercial venture. Regardless I can piggy back orders on my shipment (s) without turning it into a business. I plan on ordering my grapes soon. I will really need to quickly determine what additional grapes I need to order if we're going to do this. I am working on getting pricing for my grapes from the supplier. Once I have that I will let you know.what they are. How many lugs did you plan on getting this year(roughly)? How many different varietals?

Glad you are back, seemed like a bunch of folks were interested in your offer, I humbly stand corrected. Just curious, who do you get your grapes delivered from?

Glad you are back, seemed like a bunch of folks were interested in your offer, I humbly stand corrected. Just curious, who do you get your grapes delivered from?
No worries I would probably felt the same way. I have a relationship with Lanza out of Suisun Valley and one of his partners. i am seriously looking at making grape distribution a real venture if there's demand but in the meantime I can piggy back orders if that helps.

No worries I would probably felt the same way. I have a relationship with Lanza out of Suisun Valley and one of his partners. i am seriously looking at making grape distribution a real venture if there's demand but in the meantime I can piggy back orders if that helps.

They have pretty good stuff, I've used it several times in the past, as many of the folks here have. I'm getting my grapes this year from Colavita, a winery near me brings in several refer trucks during harvest and my stuff will be loaded in with theirs.

They have pretty good stuff, I've used it several times in the past, as many of the folks here have. I'm getting my grapes this year from Colavita, a winery near me brings in several refer trucks during harvest and my stuff will be loaded in with theirs.
Nice sounds good

So how many lugs (roughly) are each of you looking for this year? And how many different varietals? I'm chasing pricing now. Who wants me to look into it for you? Once we know pricing we can nail down orders. Let me know thx

I was thinking of going WA grapes this year. But if we're talking Lanza, I'd probably do Zin, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petite Sirah. 3 lugs each. I need to check w/ my 'partner' to confirm.

I was thinking of going WA grapes this year. But if we're talking Lanza, I'd probably do Zin, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petite Sirah. 3 lugs each. I need to check w/ my 'partner' to confirm.

If you decide to do some cab and they are offering the Clone 169 or Koch Vineyards Cab, spend a few extra bucks, they're both fabulous...........

If you decide to do some cab and they are offering the Clone 169 or Koch Vineyards Cab, spend a few extra bucks, they're both fabulous...........
Agreed! Been making both since they became available 6-7 yrs+ now. Getting very expensive but FABULOUS wine.

Yeah Jim that doesn't sound like it will present much of problem to piggy back. Let me get my guys to commit to prices and I'll let you know. You can decide then.

Talked to my partner (Dad). Wants to repeat 2015: Zin, Cab, Syrah and Petite Sirah - they were all from Lanza/Suisun.

So how many lugs (roughly) are each of you looking for this year? And how many different varietals? I'm chasing pricing now. Who wants me to look into it for you? Once we know pricing we can nail down orders. Let me know thx

I was thinking 6 lugs of Sangiovese, 6 lugs of Malbec, and 3 lugs of Cabernet Sauvignon.

I was thinking 6 lugs of Sangiovese, 6 lugs of Malbec, and 3 lugs of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Cool all sounds very doable Lanza has great product. I'll check on their pricing and let y'all know. If anyone else wants to piggy back please let me know what you're looking for ASAP. Thx

I looked on the Facebook page but couldn't find much on what is being offered. Is there something I missed?

Facebook page for who exactly?
Sounds like the back door deal with Harford’s old supplier is the same joint that supplies Pintos. On the phone Pintos told me grapes were about a week away from being posted at this point- but not to expect much change from last few years.
Not sure how many of these apply to rgfwinemaker, but here is last year’s menu again. IMG_5131.jpgIMG_5132.jpgIMG_5133.jpgIMG_5134.jpgIMG_5135.jpgIMG_5136.jpg

Back