No More Grapes/Juice from Harford

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you got 2 new toys needed for this fall ! Congrats on reaching the promised land my friend.

I’m a little concerned that this may actually open up a new can of worms.....as I see and taste what grapes they’re growing successfully. Though I don’t have a lot of land for growing here, there’s enough to cause trouble.

Gino Pinto and Keystone are about the same drive for me. I'm leaning toward testing out GP this fall. Its a heckuva drive, but may be worth it. And since it appears they open at 8am, I could be home with grapes at a decent hour. I love the proximity of S&S, but I just have a bad taste from previous attempts to contact them. I may change my mind when faced with a 6+ hour round drip though.

I'm leaning toward GP myself. My only concern is having to make more then one trip since we never know what's coming in when.

I'm leaning toward GP myself. My only concern is having to make more then one trip since we never know what's coming in when.

I've gotten the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that a lot of their stuff comes in all at once. It would definitely be a single trip for me, so that might limit my options.

I may have stumbled upon something. When I bought all the carboys the person I bought them off told me about his source which I forgot all about, see link. Evidently you pre order and a refer truck comes to some church parking lot where everyone picks up their order. If I remember correctly the church is no more then 20 miles away. I know nothing else about where the grapes or juice comes from, cost or variety or quality.

http://www.washingtonwinemakers.org/index.html

Don't know if any of these are unknown to you but these are listed distributors from Colavita and sons who I use here in CA.

Nice thought. Be nice if you had some Cab Sauv, Zinfandel, Petite SIrah, Syrah, Merlot, etc. juices. I have 3 people I can get free concord grapes from, too bad it's not my favorite grape to ferment.

Catino’s in Mt. Carmel, Pa. Small shop with a big walk-in. Great deals on bottles and supplies also. About 1.5 hrs from New Cumberland Pa. Great selection of grapes and juice.

@rgfwinemaker — throw out a D tease like that your gonna have em lined up outside your door soon!
Supplier has gotta be a pretty large outfit judging by the the size of 2 joints I know of that they supplied- Harford and Pintos.
And would need a pretty effing big order to warrant a direct delivery instead of going thru Harford which was right next door. Or ——you knew a guy. And now after a decade of business and Harford leaving everyone up shits creek—- looks like rgfwinemaker has now become “the guy to know”.

Catino’s in Mt. Carmel, Pa. Small shop with a big walk-in. Great deals on bottles and supplies also. About 1.5 hrs from New Cumberland Pa. Great selection of grapes and juice.
I've heard of them, that could be a nice option, I'd have to add about 30 minutes to my trip one way. Do they have a website, or do you just call to order grapes?

Latest posts

Back