No More Grapes/Juice from Harford

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think his facebook page is Winecrafters but not much there as far as I can tell. Still waiting on prices from the club near me. But the Lanza whites were around $40.00 which I thought was pretty reasonable. All my local vineyard sources are the same $1.25 to $1.50 /lb but they are fresh picked grapes.

Facebook page for who exactly?
Sounds like the back door deal with Harford’s old supplier is the same joint that supplies Pintos. On the phone Pintos told me grapes were about a week away from being posted at this point- but not to expect much change from last few years.
Not sure how many of these apply to rgfwinemaker, but here is last year’s menu again. View attachment 50367View attachment 50368View attachment 50369View attachment 50370View attachment 50371View attachment 50372
https://shib.idm.umd.edu/shibboleth...5F6FC38F74356FF26A5D4D73763C.0?execution=e1s1
FYI our Facebook page is for our wine club only. It is a private club( albeit expanding with new members)Nothing regarding grape pricing as we made wine as a group. Website for grapes and supplies will come should this turn into a commercial venture.
FYI My relationship preceded Harford's grape delivery and custom crush adventure so that's why I have access. I have received the same message on grape timing. Whites and Central Valley start next week. Suisun and Napa etc are expected late sept early oct. I however have been warned that prices might go up especially for clone 169 and Koch ranch cabs. We'll know more in about a week hopefully. Again I am considering grape distribution as a going concern but only if there seems to be demand in the meantime I'm trying to help out those in need by piggy backing orders with mine. FYI I am also a certified winemaker from UC Davis should y'all have any issues or questions that I might be able to help you with. Again anyone who needs grapes who used to get them from Harford pls let me know what your looking for and how much. So I can chase them for you. Thx

Facebook page for who exactly?
Sounds like the back door deal with Harford’s old supplier is the same joint that supplies Pintos. On the phone Pintos told me grapes were about a week away from being posted at this point- but not to expect much change from last few years.
Not sure how many of these apply to rgfwinemaker, but here is last year’s menu again. View attachment 50367View attachment 50368View attachment 50369View attachment 50370View attachment 50371View attachment 50372
Does anyone have Harford's price list from last year? If not I guess I can get it from Kevin.

Across the board doesn't it seem like pricing is taking a bit longer to get? I think there is still time if we get the pricing this week.

It does seem to be taking longer, but maybe we've been spoiled by Harford. Also, a lot of other places don't take preorders, so maybe Harford was doing that to ensure they didn't overbuy.

Hey guys
I finally have pricing from my guy for anyone who's interested in piggy backing on my order here in Harford county MD.
Please reach out to me via email [email protected] and I'll share the numbers I have. I will be finalizing my order in a day or two so if you're interested please let me know
Thx
J

Hey guys
I finally have pricing from my guy for anyone who's interested in piggy backing on my order here in Harford county MD.
Please reach out to me via email [email protected] and I'll share the numbers I have. I will be finalizing my order in a day or two so if you're interested please let me know
Thx
J

I think most of us have already placed our orders. Would be nice to see your pricing though. Why don't you post it so we all have it. I could be interested in another 2 batches if the price and grapes were right.

I think most of us have already placed our orders. Would be nice to see your pricing though. Why don't you post it so we all have it. I could be interested in another 2 batches if the price and grapes were right.
Fred,
Not surprised you’re biting - you mentioned at the last meetup that you were using a few sources. [emoji6]. What are you making this season and from where?

Fred,
Not surprised you’re biting - you mentioned at the last meetup that you were using a few sources. [emoji6]. What are you making this season and from where?

Paul picked me up 4 lugs of premium OVZ and Syrah from Procacci and this Saturday I'm getting from Washington Winemakers 3 Sauv Blanc, 3 Petite Sirah, 3 Tourigo and 4 Tempranillo. My local Tannat and Norton are not likely. I was considering getting a juice bucket of something to use my skins with and maybe one other varietal from S&S to try them out. But this came up and peaked my curiosity.

Paul picked me up 4 lugs of premium OVZ and Syrah from Procacci and this Saturday I'm getting from Washington Winemakers 3 Sauv Blanc, 3 Petite Sirah, 3 Tourigo and 4 Tempranillo. My local Tannat and Norton are not likely. I was considering getting a juice bucket of something to use my skins with and maybe one other varietal from S&S to try them out. But this came up and peaked my curiosity.
Do you mean Touriga as i couldnt find a grape called tourigo. Just wanted to ask.

Fred,

I have a slight dilema though. From the spring I have 8 gallons of grape Cab, 7 Malbec and Carmenere and 6.5 Merlot plus 5 gallons of Cab juice with skins for whatever I have to blend it with to fill barrels and was considering keeping one more 25 and 30 liter barrels. Which would be fine if I were doing spring wines next year but the trip to Hungary my barrel company is sponsoring will fall too close to the spring grapes coming in. So if I keep the barrels and don't do the spring grapes I'll have to do a few more batches this fall to keep them full.

Actually Fred has been the top seller of a Hungarian barrel pyramid scheme. He got in early and rode the barrel wave. Hawking to all us unsuspecting winemakingtalk sheep and gathering disciples for his downstream revenue.

My bet is he's going over to lead their barrel selling seminar on up-selling rubes on bigger barrels.

Or I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Back