New Website - BDKS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDKS

Reaction score
I have a subject to start a new website with. Just working on a design to write about my wine making adventure.
smiley4.gif
I am still trying to decide on a website address. I have a few ideas but feel free to post any you think of.

Any comments on the design?

test1.JPG

Looks like you have a fine start on a website but for (me) to comment further I would need more information about you and what you are trying to accomplish, be specific.

Looks fine for what you have.

just a simple blog to track my batches of wine. A place to post many photos. Nothing fancy. I am mostly stuck on a url. A lot of good domain names are already used.

Everyone has an opinion about what others should do... I find it is much more rewarding to define your project by what is meaningful to you. Picking a Domain name does take "a lot"
smiley1.gif
of thought. Usually when you decide it is not available, now you are compromised...

When it come to color, design and things like that, sure others are viewing your site so their opinions do matter. Back-end stuff is all about you and how you want it.

Bobby you can use just about anything. If it is taken already, you can sometimes vary the spelling by a letter or add an underscore. Just remember to keep it as simple as possible. Remember that there are many more extesions that can make it unique instead of .com. Saying that some are more suited for the general public than some (you won't get a .gov, .edu or country extension). Once you get the base domain name then it is a matter of having a hosting site, which completes the url.

Good luck in your quest.

Back