New Iowan to the group

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harlantk

CAUTION TO THE WIND!
Reaction score
Well I am here, I prefer to be called Tim rather than Harlan, but either way, what ever fits for u all.
I got my order in today and learned of the forum (thanks Brian :) )
Cleaning up my utility room for my lil makers space and storage.I will hang a wine rack on the wall for storage, couple of tables for working and steel shelves for fermenting.
So next week is the goal!

Howdy from Iowa!!

Tim

Welcome Tim, this is a great bunch of folks and no question will go unanswered. Look forward to hearing more from your efforts.

Welcome to the forums!
smiley32.gif

Lots of nice people and loads of knowledge floating around these parts.

Don't be afraid to ask questions and learn the easy way!
smiley2.gif

Welcome Tim, from another Iowan. Alot to learn and this place is has the best helpers/makers and all around good people.

Welcome to the forum Harlan. Sorry I couldn't resist Tim. I hate it when people call me by my first given name instead of the middle name I go by. Darned those parents that screw with your mind naming you one name and calling you by the middle one!
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

appleman said:
Welcome to the forum Harlan. Sorry I couldn't resist Tim. I hate it when people call me by my first given name instead of the middle name I go by. Darned those parents that screw with your mind naming you one name and calling you by the middle one!
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

OK, from now on PLEM it is!
smiley2.gif

I got a friend named Alton, who prefers to be called Rosco........... Go figure, but Tim it is Welcome and happy wining.....

WOWW What a warm welcome
Thank you !
I even see a few familiar faces here :))
Now bear in mind I am gonna be the one who is naggin on ya all for a while (years) over things like I can not adjust the PH of the water because it will not cooperate with me.
Hmmm Rosco sounds good........ (ponders) nahh that will confuse mom too much
Now I like Harlan just fine and times I had preferred it, but mom says no so I guess thats the final word :)
Listen to mom!!! you get pie afterwards if you do :)
So Thank ya all!!

Harlan
errr Tim, err yes that was it

welcome tim, what part of iowa are you from? I live in NW Missouri, but have a Hamburg Iowa address. We affectionately call it NOWHERESVILLE. Hope you enjoy this site. There are alot of great people on this forum.

BOB

Hi Tim. Glad you are here. What wine will you start with? Did anyone mention we love pictures??
smiley2.gif

Hey Hey Ron :)
Answer to question earlier: I ordered the "Beginners Vinifera Noble Caberlot Starter Package" so that will be my first run. And as far as pictures go..... I am building it so they too will come :)
Right now I am just doing what I can to prepare as much as I can, to get started when things arrive, and not have to move things around too much as I proceed with the room. Once it is cooking I do not want to move it around, so will try to plan those moves along with the racking times.
ahhh we will see......

Tim

Hey Tim,

Didn't I see you someplace before? Welcome here as well.

Back