New Guy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob73

Junior
Reaction score
Just taking a moment to formally say hello. Got some needed help from

Wade last night. Thanks again. I've been making wine for a little over a year. Here are a couple of pictures of my efforts to date.

20080912_193520_Rear.jpg

20080912_193328_Front.jpg

Very nice to see the array of different size bottles and bungs and all with my favorite type of airlock. In my opinion they are the best as they give you a better idea of what is going on. Nice display there Bob.

Welcome aboard. Looks like you have a great start and grasp on the winemaking process. What all you got going there?

Welcome Bob....Looks like a very nice start on a great hobby..
smiley32.gif

Here a break down of what I've got going.

1st picture (left to right)

Spiced Pumpkin (back)
Elderberry (front)
Peach
Door County Cherry
Blackberry

2nd picture

Apple
Wild Plum
Blackberry
Wild Plum/Cherry(back)
ChokeCherry (front)
Blueberry (back)
Strawberry/Banana (front)

Everything is from whole fruit except the blueberry (vinters harvest),peach and Strawberry/Banana (concentrate).

Welcome Bob....Looks like you know what your doing....Nice selections of wines.

Do you have more bottled and aged....and most important....are you enjoying the fruits of your labor????

All those wonderful fruits got me wondering...

What part of the country are you from????

May look like I know what I'am doing but still rely on the experience on sites like this one for information. Particullary this one because of its friendly members and fruit wine section.

Unforatunely I've only been able to complete two batches. Secondary seems to take awhile for me. I do not know why. My blueberry for example which I pitched the yeast on on 8/10/07 is still actively bubbling.Both completed batches were small and are almost gone. Raspberry and Wild Grape.

I live in Central Wisconsin.

Welcome Bob! Glad to see another Wisconsinite here. Seems to be a lot of folks from Wisconsin and Minnesota on the forum.
That's a lovely collection of wines that you have there.
smiley32.gif

Bob...maybe give that Blueberry Wine a little Yeast Energizer or yeast Nutrient and give it a little stir. it can be a slow one.

I hope to start a Blueberry Wine this weekend...
smiley4.gif

Bob your wines look GREAT! Your Spiced Pumpkin recipe - have you tried the wine and how does it taste? I am looking to start a Spiced Pumpkin since it is getting into the season. I am looking to find different recipes, what was your recipe if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks

I've tried the wine and feel it is better than the commerical version of pumpkin I had last year. Still would not call it pumpkin pie in a bottle, like I've heard this wine described. It still has a slight after taste. It it is getting better with time.

Recipe: 1gal
4 lbs pumpkin meat (I chopped it in a salad shooter)
7 pts water
sugar to get S.G. 1.09
2 1/2 tsb acid blend
1/4 tsb tannin
1 tsb nutrient
Champagne yeast

Spiced with nutmeg and cinnamon sticks. Unfortaunatley I did not logthe amounts.

Edited by: Bob73

Latest posts

Back