New From Pennsylvania

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineon4

Reaction score
Hello,

I live in Pa and enjoy amature wine making, Hunting, and hanging out at my cabin. I recently won 2 Silver Medals, 1 for my Blueberry and 1 for my mixedberry judged by 3 American Wine Society judges. I currently have a carboy of Cherry, 1 of Blackberry and 1 of Reisling going. Just bottled 1 o Blueberry, 1 of mixedberry and 2 of Concord. One of the Concords I put oak chips in the primary then also in the secondary for 1 month, I really like the results.

Welcome! Where at in PA? I am on the Western side,,,This is a great site to join,, a lot of information and help is always just a click away!

Welcome to WMT. Nice to see you're entering contest. It's a great way to meet local winemakers in your area and also to get some feedback on your wine. Was this competition in Pgh?

Wineon4, welcome to the forum. Is the Horseshoe Curve still in operation? I remember going there as a kid when I lived in Pittsburgh.

Yes it is open, they renovated the site several years ago and now it is a nice attraction. I live 12 miles from it.

From Jessup, PA, near Scranton. LOTS of winemakers here! The area is heavily Italian-American, so it's in our blood - literally!

Hi Frank, Altoona area German,Irish roots here also winemakers and kraut fermenters.

Back