Need your help Julie...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samh200

Reaction score
Your Tropical Breeze wine sounds Great!!! Could you please give me a recipe
and a little how-to on this wine?? Remember ima newbie here, be gentle!!!:i

I use to buy these bags of 5# tropical fruit from walmart but they don't carry them anymore, you can look to see if sam's cub has them but this is what i now do:

for a 3 gallon batch:

6# honeydew melons
5 1/2# of cantalopes
3 1/4# of pineapple
2 1/2# of peaches
2 # red table grapes
3 tsp yeast nutrient
1 T acid blend
1/8 tsp K-meta
sugar to 1.080
1 1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
lavlin 1122

freeze the fruit, take out of freeze, defrost, add pectic enzyme, add sugar and water to bring to 3 gallon, let sit 24 hours, add nutrient, acid blen, k-meta, let sit 24 hours, add yeast, ferment to dry, rack, stabilize and backsweeten to 1.010, clear and bottle. age at least 6 months, better at 1 year.

if you have any questions post them or pm me. this is a great summer wine and goes fantastic with any fish dish

THANKS!!!... If I find the bags of fruit how many pounds do i need 20# ??

if you fine the bags of fruit, 4 bags would do it.

Me, too. Thanks, Julie! You're a peach! My wife loves fruity wines. She will get bags of frozen fruit mix from Walmart, fill up a mason jar with the fruit, then pour some Skeeter Pee over it. Delicious!

The bags of fruit contain mangos, pineapples, peaches and strawberries. Now, I think I'll just make some wine out of the fruit and save her a step!

Latest posts

Back