need some label advice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corn field

Reaction score
I would like to have some opinions on this label for a verry verry good chocolate wine I am about to bottle.

20080101_101431_chocolate_straw.jpg

Man that looks tasty! Looks great and the only thing I might do is capitalize the W in wine but not needed.

I'd have to agree with Her Highness, a couple of sample bottles would tell how the label is!
smiley36.gif
Looks great Ron!

Thanks for the nice coments it boosts my spirits greatly. I will be making a larger batch of this wine this winter so I am sure there could be some samples by next fall.

Hi Ron and welcome to the forum. Could you post your recipe for your wine. Man if taste as good as it looks i wanna make some.

Harry

Harry this recipt was an experiment so only 1 gallon was made. To get the amount of gallons you want just multiply by gallons desired.

4lbs fresh or frozen strawberries
4oz.(1/2 cup ) hersheys cocoa powder
2 1/2 lbs sugar (sg 1.085)
1/2tsp Pectic Enzyme
1tsp Acid Blend
1/8tsp Grape Tannin
1tsp Yeast Nutrient
1 crushed Camdien tablet
1gallon water
1 packet red star Champagne yeast ( or your favorate yeast)

put all ingriedents in primary ferminter leaving out pectic enzyme at this time. take 1 cup of must put in blender turn on to low speed and add cocoa to blender slowly blend for 1 to 2 minutesthen add to primary. cover let stand for 12 hours then add pectic enzyme. let sit 12 more hours then add yeast starter.let ferment for 5 to 7 days then rack into secondary.

I hope yours turns out as good as mine has. You can go as high as 5 lbs
of strawberries per gallon if you us more it will overpower the chocolate.

Ron

Edited by: corn field

Thanks for the recipe . Talk to you later. Have to go to Wal Mart to get strawberrys.

Harry

cornfield,

Great label, the only thing I might do is add a border. it will look great on your bottles. What color capsule are you plannihng on using? Be sure to show us your on the bottle pictures.

Ramona

Thanks for the imput Ramona definatly will take your advice about the border. I am open to sugestions for the capsule. I am still undecided as to the color of the bottles. Am considering either blue or green because the wine is a brownish red. Would appreciate any sugestions on bottle color.
I have enjoyed all of your posts on label making and have lerned quite a lot from them.

Ron

Ron: I sure would like to try and make that strawberry chocolate wine. Couple of questions: Did you clear and stabilize it? What sg are you trying for as an end result?

It cleared slowly with a lot of sediment mostly chocolate. the color is still a brownish red. I had to back sweeten to get the sg of 1.05. I did stabolize
after the back sweeting. I will filter before bottling and hope it will not take out the slight chocolate flavor. Have fun with the recipt hannabarn

Ron

Latest posts

Back