Need Opinion

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBWs

Sixth year into this... and still learning!
Reaction score
If I have a raspberry wine that is to sweet would adding citric acid hide some of the sweet?

It could, but raspberry is usually already very high in acid. I'd recommend removing a small sample and adding a tiny bit of acid as a bench trial to see what the outcome is.

Why not blend it? Use some for a desert wine and the rest add some cranberry. = Cran-Raspberry

I agree with the above post on blending some of it with Skeeter Pee. You won't regret it. Wait until the Skeeter is done and just before back sweetening it before blending. The other thing I would blend it with is Niagara.
Also bottle some up as it is and mix it with vodka for mixed drinks over the holidays.

I agree with Lon as if just added you could end up with a too acidic and too sweet wine. Do you have anything you can blend it with. Why is it too sweet? Did you start with too high a starting sg or did you just accidently sweeten it too much?

I sweetened to my wife's taste, and it is a little to sweet for my liking. It's not so sweet you can't drink it or anything like that. She is either going to have a lot of raspberry wine or I got to figure out what to do with part of it. I looked back at my notes and the acid at start was 7.5 (I still need to run a pH and acid test now that I have a pH meter to see where it is now), I'll fore sure take the advice to taste test if I were to go that way. If I blend, unless I make something just for blending, I'm limited to a dry blackberry or a dry Lumbrusco. I'll have to do some more thinking on this one. Thanks for the help!

Back