My pears do not look like store bought..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use 9# of pears to 6 gallons for my f-pac. Think of 25-30% of what you used for the primary for a strong f-pac.

How is the best way to transform the pears into juice for the f-pac? I dont have a press...

F-PAC

How to make a F-PAC

Add 20-30% of what #'s used in the primary in a large frying pan or pot. Simmer to extract all "flavor" and reduce the water from the fruit. Strain thru a kitchen strainer and add AFTER you rack and after the wine is DRY ( .990) You MUST have added k-meta and Sorbate before adding the f-pac. Once adding the f-pac you can add clearing agent. You will have to rack at least 2+ more times. Then
back sweeten to YOUR taste using simple syrup.

Tom

i think you should really boil it for ten minutes and then let it come to normal temprature and then extract the juice from it. Avoid using the skin of this fruit. and keep me informed about pear wine.

Was wondering if I were to use pear juice instead of making an f-pac by boiling pears would work? And hot much would I use?

If you use pear juice, simmer it, to reduce it down a bit and add some sugar to it when it is cooling.

that should work fine.

Allie

Depending on the size of the batch I would suggest 2 quarts then reduced by 1/2 (simmer) and add sugar like Allie said

Back