My little corner of the world

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbwines

Junior
Reaction score
Not much, but I like it for now.
Still have a carboy upstairs where it's a little warmer

P5200158.jpg

Nice start! Now keep looking for more space, You will need it!
Phil

Last edited:
For the slats, if you use narrower slats a little further apart, the wine will sit in between them lower and be closer together allowing for more bottles in the same area. Great job, but I thought I would point if out to you so when you need to make another one, you can store more bottles in the same space.

I initially did my initial fermentation up stairs in an airconditioned room (bedroom). I moved everything down in my cellar with a dirt floor.

For the primary fermentation, I have two vessels I an fill with water and heat the water- one is a big "rope" tub from walmart and the other is a bigger storage bin (plastic). The rope tub is big enough for one ferment bucket and the larger bin will hold two. I use an adjustable aquarium heater to heat the water and an aquarium pump to circulate the water. It works perfectly. Also can come in handy for degassing.

I think I got the idea from here.

Thanks olusteebus,
I think I will try that since my wife hates the smell during fermentation.

lbwines said:
Thanks olusteebus,
I think I will try that since my wife hates the smell during fermentation.

I had to hook up an exhaust fan or take it outside, I just used an inline fan to a drier exhaust going outside.

Latest posts

Back