my fermentation is stuck!!! :(

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh really i see, well what if i added more yeast or bought some more yeast nutrient? Would it go again and if not what should i add to perserve the wine??
Probably not. The alcohol would prevent the yeast from ever getting going and adding the needed O2 would oxidize the Mead. Add some everclear if you want rocket fuel

Im happy with what i got now, its bubbling like crazy i love tjat beutiful noise !!! :) im sure itll ferment out the rest of my wine to nice and dry just how i like it.. i know im not the average wine guy that likes a soft wine, i like it almost like a one hitter quitter ;)

It may be bubbling and just releasing CO2. Keep an eye on SG. Mead can be a ***** to de gas. I have a raspberry mead that has been de gassing for 3 months now and the bubbling continues. BTW bubbling is not an accurate way to know if it's fermenting

my wine is only 2 days old,but it started off well bubbling away,now it has stopped bubbling and it is still,but making a humming noise,has it gone bad,thankyou. Lesley,first timer.

my wine is only 2 days old,but it started off well bubbling away,now it has stopped bubbling and it is still,but making a humming noise,has it gone bad,thankyou. Lesley,first timer.

Whats your current temperature, what did you add, what was your starting SG??

Bubbling is NOT a good 2ay to Minette if fermentation is happening. He11 your ear will work better than your eyes.

Thankyou for your replies,only just seen it been on holls,what is everclear,i have got betonite,is it ok to use that,its only 3 days old,is it to early i am a novice,but i love it,already had 1 batch but the alcohol didnt seem very high,and this batch is doing exactly the same as the first one,i added 8 cartons of not concentrated grape juice and 6lbs sugar,and high alcohol yeast what do you think, at the end of 7 days,i will put in cambden tabs 5 and betonite paste,thankyou all.the temperature at start was 22,i didn't do sg.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back