Cellar Craft Must select...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpowell88

Reaction score
First off Happy Thanksgiving to all!

My local brew store is having a nice sale tomorrow so I was going to start 2 new red kits. I would like to do the CC Red Mountain Cab and Im having a tough time deciding between the CC Amarone and the CC Rossio Fortissimo..

I hear great things about all of them. I will let the Red Mountain sit for at least a year before drinking, when it comes to the other kit it would be nice to have a kit that could be drank a little earlier, do either of these kits age a little faster? maybe 9 months?. What do you guys think? Rossio? Amarone?

Thanks!

I have an Chilean Amarone going right now from fresh juice. The only thing I can tell you is everyomne that made it from a kit said it is in prime at around two years,

enjoying a glass of 3.5 year old Cellar Craft amarone. Very tasty I must say!

I would go with the Rosso Fortissimo for an early drinker though, I sure love that wine as well.

Thanks Dan! I think ill do the Rossio and the Red Mountain... The Amarone will definitely be on the list though! Hope you enjoyed the wine!

I'm with diggerdan. Do the Amarone when you can keep it in carboy for a year or so before bottling than age a year in bottle.

Well guys I got to the store and changed my mind... Went with the Rossio and the new Eclipse Pinot Noir. Should be good!

Latest posts

Back