Muscadines Gonee....noooooo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainl

Reaction score
Well I went to check on my large patch of wild muscadines that I planned on picking. They are all gone!!! We had some pretty good thunderstorms last week and they must have all fallen off. Bummer. I probably have enough to make one gallon, but I was hoping on 10 plus gallons. It seams like this is pretty early in the year for them to all ripen and fall off. Maybe our lack of rain and high heat has something to do with it. :(

O well, I'll keep a better eye on them next year.

captainl
Going to check on my muscadines this weekend. Last time I checked they were still way green. How many pounds were you needing?

Good luck CCtex. The ones I was going to pick where definetely dark black/purple 2 weeks ago. I probably should have checked on them after the last rain. Anyhow I checked out 4 other smaller vines in the area and they are all bare also? A few shriveled up broken ones left on the vines but nothing useful. Of course I guess there is the possibility that someone else went out and got them all before me???? I just started a 1 gallon batch. I would have done as much as I could have, but its no big deal. Here is a pic of the ones I picked 2 weeks ago and just thawed out.

IMAG0099.jpg

Could have been animals also, they seem to also wait until they are ready or at least near ready before they go to town on them.

Latest posts

Back