Mulling Spices

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatud4life

Future wine & SP maker
Reaction score
As anyone tried using mulling spices in making SP? Good idea or bad idea? What was the outcome?

I know that mulling spices are intended to flavor wine after it has been made, but I was wondering if they can be used during production.

not sure if this would go with a lemon wine but since I never tried it, I really do not know. I do use mulling spices on those cold winter nights in a bottle of Merlot, awesome.

I do use mulling spices on those cold winter nights in a bottle of Merlot, awesome.

oh yeah....poured into a crock pot....maybe add a touch of sugar for a lil sweetness....tasty stuff, and it sure warms you right up....and from experience, for you smokers out there, it goes great with a djarum blak clove "cigar"....mmmm.....

oh yeah....poured into a crock pot....maybe add a touch of sugar for a lil sweetness....tasty stuff, and it sure warms you right up....and from experience, for you smokers out there, it goes great with a djarum blak clove "cigar"....mmmm.....

Mmmm... Reminds me of gluhwein.

That's the one thing I miss about smoking. Clove cigarettes. I love those. I think on my next batch I'll throw a mulling slice pack in while I'm inverting the sugar. I'm interested to see how that tastes.

Latest posts

Back