Mosti Mondiale MM lambrusco

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyguy65

Reaction score
We will start our next kit this weekend(Lambrusco traditions) I've read the directions a few times and think I have it down .I was wondering if anyone has tried this kit before and If you have any tips/secretsI should consider?

Thanks for any imput.
smiley1.gif

I made this kit and bottled a few weeks back and everything went smoothly as per the directions.

I have this kit ready to bottle, everything went smooth per directions, found the smell incredible, taste pretty good now, hope to age a bit and see how good it gets. Found during degassing there was very little compared to a few of the kits I have done.

I made this kit and bottled Saturday. It turned out wonderful. I bulk aged for a little over a month. I don't know if that is bulk aging or if I was to busy to get it in the bottle. I followed the directions as listed. Smells great. jh

kutya said:
I made this kit and bottled Saturday. It turned out wonderful. I bulk aged for a little over a month. I don't know if that is bulk aging or if I was to busy to get it in the bottle. I followed the directions as listed. Smells great. jh

Thats what I call it!
smiley2.gif

I finished this kit last month and it is just starting it's second month of bulk aging. Not only did everything go perfectly, at the final racking it tasted great. It is going to be difficult to wait another 5 months to bottle, but this is a routine I established to protect the wine from my 'weak moments'.

smiley20.gif

Thanks for the responses! we are going to start the kit today after we bottle the Green Apple IM. We'll follow the directions to a "T", then taste it before we bottle.
Pictures to follow....
smiley16.gif

Well, we actually started the kit on 04/30 and it started fermentation very quickly!!!! on 05/05 I checked the S.G. and it was already to 1.000! The kit said to check it in 6 days and see if it was< 1.020. We then racked it to the secondary and added the oak. Will this fast fermentation cause any problems? The temp. for fermentation was 73 *. Should I degas and clear before the 20th day,or just go by the S.G. readings? I think we will still need the longer time for the oak before racking again.

I think the best approach is to go by Specific Gravity only while in primary fermentation. So far, after 7 MM kits, I have yet to have one take 6 days to get to 1.020. After racking to secondary, I wait until day 20 to rack, stabilize, and commence degassing. MM recommends 24 hours of degassing before fining. I feel that an extra day, or three, on the oak will only enhance the final product.

Always go by SG as days are just an example to let newer winemakers have an idea of approx when to rack and stablize.

I was honored and privelaged to have recently received a bottle of JWMINNESOTA'S Lambrusco. He had asked me to design a label for his wine and in return would send me a bottle of it. I just received it and was flabbergasted to say the least.
It was boxed in a absolutely beautiful wine box with accessories.

jw1.jpg

DSCN0005-6.jpg

DSCN0004-5.jpg

At his advice, I will wait until around August, Sept. before I open it..........Maybe !!
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Checked it today and its slowed way down. I'll check the SG when it stops and then top it off and wait until day 20 before we rack it again.

Thanks to everyone who responds to my posts.

The advise has helped out the Chevy newbies alot. Its a great place for both help and bragging!!

Thank you george!!
smiley32.gif

JW, nice job on the box, Waldo, are you going to be able to wait????

First batch of Lambrusco, and ever, has just reached day 2. I hope my batch comes out as well as it seems everyone elses have!

Welcome Jwhelan, Just follow those those instructions and all will go well. Glad you decided to post in and say high!

Latest posts

Back