Marigold Flowers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Reaction score
He fellow wine makers I have plenty of marigolds if anyone would like some to make wine. I already have 5 gallons i nthe secondary. And will prolly make 5 more gallons, My 4 daughters like and so does mywife
20070527_221245_Marigold_row_in.JPG

Wow, You must really like the Marigold wine to be especially growing them for harvest!
smiley20.gif

Yep Appleman i plant them for bug control and wine also. The dermators are loaded should be pickin them in a couple days

I envy everyone's garden. I love to put in a garden and at the first it is great, but then if I don't keep at it, it becomes overgrown into weeds. I'll never understand it, how you can till up an area, and look so nice and it become weeds. Where to they all come from!

Many weed seeds lay dormant in the soil until it is disturbed. Many are light sensitive and when the ground is worked, some seeds are moved into the zone which gets enough light to activate them and they germinate- instant weeds. You need to get them when they are small-cotyledon stage is best. Use a hoe and gently slide it through the ground- cutting the weeds off. It takes a few minutes once every few days, or wait until the weeds get 6 inches tall and spend days trying to get rid of them. Most people give up at that point. Mulch also helps disturb the weed germination as does a ground cloth. Gardening is really quite easy when taken care of routinely. Give it a try!

Back