Malo Culture

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdelli

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good Malo culture that is sold for small amounts? I use VP-41 when making bigger quantities.... Used to use Bachus for small batches... Now it's not available.....

anything wrong with buying VP41 in bulk and splitting it among batches? I bought enough to do 250 liters for 20$ and just keep the remainder of the dried culture in the freezer. Worked fine for 5 batches so far.

anything wrong with buying VP41 in bulk and splitting it among batches? I bought enough to do 250 liters for 20$ and just keep the remainder of the dried culture in the freezer. Worked fine for 5 batches so far.

Hmmmm..... Maybe I will try that!
Thanks

Check at Midwest Supplies. They have Wyeast 4007 Malo Lactic Blend for under $10. Don't know anything about it though.

I used this last spring and it never completed. I used vr41 in the fall and it completed quickly. I got mine from ritebrew, had to email them to get them to order it though. $11 or so for enough to inoculate 66 gallons.

Latest posts

Back