Making peach wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickallen

Reaction score
I have a pail of grape juice(the kind that when you open the lid fermentation begins)and a 3lb 1oz can of vintners harvest peach purée. If I want to make peach wine do I add this at the very beginning and I one can of the peach enough or do I need two. Please let me know anything I need to ad and what I should look for any info is greatly appreciated.

Do you have the usual:

Sugar
Hydrometer
pH meter
Acid tester
KMS
Acid blend ( just in case)
Pectic enzyme
Yeast nutrient
The usual?

How much wine are you making?

Well it is a 6 gallon pail of juice and according to the instructions on the pail it says just open lid and fermentation starts.

a cabernet sauvignon? I kind of wonder if peach would taste good in that. IMO, I would hang onto the peach and buy a reisling or chardonnay and add the peach to that.

And I would ferment to dry, stabilize and add the peach then as a flavor pack. (f-pack)

Peach blend????????????????

:se I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT PEACH IS NOT A NATURAL PARTNER IN TASTE WITH RED WINES AS A RULE,TELL ME WHAT GAVE YOU THAT IDEA AND OR IS IT THAT YOU HAVE THIS PRODUCT SITTING AROUND AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO SOMETHING WITH IT :wy,JUST CURIOUS????

Agree with Julie and Joe. A Chardonnay, or Sauv Blanc would be my first thoughts.

Latest posts

Back