Making A Blueberry Mead (Melomel)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks All....If I could just make wine now as good as the labels i'd have it made
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Waldo

It sure can be hard to keep those wines for aging. I have gotten to the point that I put them in boxes under the food shelves in the pantry. Out of sight, almost out of mind. I can age a wine forever. I do it just to prove myself right. You may want to take up lying to those who show a lot of interest in what wines and how much. If they don't know you have it they can't cajole you into opening it!
smiley36.gif

The only problem with my doing that pwp is that I can't remeber where I hid them
smiley36.gif

Now I have a dilema, my winemaking notebook, all of my notes, recipes, trials and tribulations over the past year has disappeared
smiley19.gif
. Gone.....I do not believe I ever stabilized the BlueberryMelomel so would it have any nagative effect if I did stabilize and it had already been done.

Waldo said:
Now I have a dilema, my winemaking notebook, all of my notes, recipes, trials and tribulations over the past year has disappeared
smiley19.gif
. Gone.....

smiley3.gif
What? How did that happen? DId you have all your notes on a computer or written down? Edited by: sangwitch

Are you sure the Revenuers didn't sneak in in the middle of the night and take it to check your records?
smiley36.gif
Oh! Wait a minute. That can't be, you would have surprised them in the middle of the night. You stay up most of the night!
smiley5.gif
Seriously, I hope you find it. It's indespensible.

Hope you find it Waldo but all your recipes have to be changed now
anyway. Youll probably have to add in at the beginning to Steam juice
them all.

sangwitch said:
Waldo said:
smiley19.gif
. Gone.....

smiley3.gif
What? How did that happen? DId you have all your notes on a computer or written down?
They were all written down in a spiral notebook sang.......Wish I had loggged everything onto my computer. I keep it backed up regularly...Oh well !! Life goes on

wadewade said:
Hope you find it Waldo but all your recipes have to be changed now anyway. Youll probably have to add in at the beginning to Steam juice them all.
Probably right wade

Hey Waldo, been a couple of months now, have you pulled a cork yet? This was one of the first posts that I read when I found this site and it hooked me. I did a straight blueberry wine, started May, bottled earlyAugust. I took a full bottle to a Thanksgiving dinner and everyone loved it,tasty and surprisingly smooth for how alcoholic it was. I added sugar to fermentationtwice. Ifyour melomelturns out half asgood as it looks, as I have every confidence, I will be looking this up next summer. I will be going back home NY for a graduation and hope the local Upick and dad's bushes are full of berries. Then you are going to teach me everything you know about label making. Any luck on that book? If you are anything like me, you probably obsess over lost stuff. Hope it turned up under a carboy full of wine.
LT

Never did find my notebook OGray but as long as I don't lose my mind I will be ok hehehe..The MElomel is still bulk aging in the carboy and I will probably bottle it sometime around March/April. At last tasting it was smoothing out nicely. Will give yoy any help you need on the label making too. Just holler when your ready. I bottled a batch of Muscadine/Grape blend last night that is just awesome. Will be posting a thread on it soon but here is the label Imade for it.
muscadine-grapeblend.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

I opened up a bottle of the blueberry melomel from Waldo's recipe and
I'll just tell you this right now. Start a batch as soon as possible. I
wish I made more than one gallon of it!

Already bottled Wade??? Mine is still bulk aging. Although it's not Waldo's recipe it's still blueberry melomel

Pete

Yes, I still have a problem with restaint. That will be the New year
resolution to actually let some wine bulh age more than 3 months. I
will be doing a lot of wine in the new year. Hopefully this way I'll be
able to actually not be waiting for wine to be ready (enough)!

We are down to a few bottles of some wines that have been in the bottles for 12-18 months [off the RESERVE RACK]...they are so good...Tho I have to say the wines that I have been adding oak to have some good flavors at bottling.

Been thinking that I want to TRY to put a case [12 bottles] of each batch I make now in a box and store it under the wineracks...Then maybe drink one bottle a month of the remaining bottles from that batch....going to be needing many more empty bottles..and going to have to make many more batches of wine...We are finally learning that aging does make a difference.

Maybe that would be a good New Years Resolution...try to age some of each batch...Can we all do it??? Can we help each other??? Maybe we need a Support Group????Edited by: Northern Winos

Or maybe we all need to make more wine than we do so that we can be ahead of the game. Thats gonna require more carboys.

Looks delicious. One question?? I saw that you used camphden tabs at the onset of the recipe, but do you use it (or K Meta) at any racking or just before bottling for the longer storage "potential"?? I have a blackberry melomel in the carboy now for over 2 months and am wondering if I should use K meta prior to bottling.Edited by: docbee

Latest posts

Back