M & M Produce

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfwwino

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered grapes from M & M produce? I saw that they are offering Chilean grapes this spring. They will crush and destem and ship frozen in six gallon pails by air cargo and their prices are much better than Peter Brehm. If you have any experience with this firm, please let me know.

From what I have read those that have used them have been happy. I have been looking at some of the older vintages and some chard juice. The shiping is a killer to Colorado $44.00 per pail.

Jeff

They said they use air cargo, just like Peter Brehm. If you order multiple pails, you're still going to pay about $40 per pail for air cargo. But enough grapes to make three gallons of red wine will cost $80 or so, whereas Peter Brehm would range in the $100-150 range for enough red grapes for three gallons. For white wine, it will cost you about $150 or so for six gallons. One pail can hold enough crushed and destemmed red grapes to make about 3 gallons, or about six gallons of pressed white wine juice. They will crush and destem the red grapes, freeze them at their site, and ship them to you. You then ferment and press at the end of fermentation.

DFW, is this the place in Ct? If so I have a friend who gets all his grapes there and makes very good wine with it. Im drinking a glass of his Zin now.

Yes, it is located in Hartford, Ct. The company advertises in Winemaker Magazine.

they sell a good product and the chilean is better than the CA which is remarkable when you consider the shipping.

DFW, they are a very good business and everyone around here loves them. I have tasted so far 5 wines from my friend that gets all his grapes there and all five wines were superb, especially a Grenache, Gonna have to get some next year. He also gets his olives there and Oh My Lord are they awesome!

I've seen their advertisements and wondered, too.Does anybody know how these productscompare to higher-end kits like an AllJuice or Meglioli?

Back