Loving my freezer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, there are two black things attached to the left side of the collar. The rectangular one is the Love controller. The cylindrical one is just a 35mm film cannister wrapped in tape and screwed to the collar, positioned so the light switch in the lid will hit it and turn off the light when you close the lid. Originally the light switch would have been closed by the wall of the freezer, but my collar isn't that thick.

Is the fan to draw cold air up around the top of the kegs/carboys? I notice my freezer only has coils around the bottom half.

Those chest freezers are nice.

I have a 23 cu ft one - huge - fits a lot of carboys!!!

And a some brute primaries for cold fermenting...

dubulup, the fan is to ensure that the temperature is relatively equal throughout the keezer. Otherwise the temperature controller could be duped, depending on how well positioned the thermometer sensor is.

Steve, thank you. I really enjoy pulling from a selection of my own beers. I never seem to have all eight taps in use at the same time though. I probably could have gotten away with having only six. I plan on putting skeeter pee on one tap.

Latest posts

Back