Looking for winemakers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dYryW8ZaSYqnr73nuTDr_Tom.gif

On the move looking

Moving. To New Kent next year ant wine making club's down there?

New Kent is about two hours from me. Not sure. I've had trouble finding anything up here, closer to DC. Plenty of commercial wineries though!

What's up with the move Joe? The law hot on your heels?
smilie.gif

in the mix

No looking to go into semi retirement, like the Williamsburg area 21 miles north of that, about the same south of Richmond, good horse country as well as plenty of wineries in the area.tax's are a lot lower, time to down size and turn a new page in my life's. Book. will still have the forum to interact with on my threads.

Last edited:
Joe, you're moving next and I may move this year but things are looking much further south...
However, NC keeps hitting my head every time, not sure why...lol

Say it ain't so Joe!

Can a Jersey Boy survive down south??

You can't go! how can you ever stand the lower taxes, lower cost of living, friendlier people, warmer climate, and beautiful scenery?????

Common, admit it, the following has simply GOT to make you homesick!!!!

images

Because its a beautiful place. :i

Maybe its our unique laws!!!!!

(Sorry, there should be no politics in wine!)

We have "plans" moving around the Tampa area in FL if things go as we are calculating (just getting tired of cleaning snow), but at the same time my wife likes the 'cooler' weather (doesn't like humidity...) and we all like the season changes, at least we will miss that down south. :fsh

I hear NC has good property taxes, so that is attractive, to me, because we're getting killed up here paying almost $8k for a 1,850sf home.
If we move really down south, I will, however, miss the basement area for my wine making stuff, is good having cooler temps for long term aging...

I guess everything is a trade off.

Virginia wine Maker

On. The move,taxs on a retirement style home about 2,000 sq.ft 1200 per year a basement would add 30,000 to the cost,there goes my wine space, so many things to do and decisions to make and not really a lot of time to get it done yet alone my business to close down, that's a real problem.

Latest posts

Back