Looking for fruit juice concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not per gallon that's for 5 gallons. Per gallon is $9.

Also it has no additives. I emailed and asked bunch of questions and support was happy to reply.

If you still have them and don't mind, could you post some of the Q&A here?

"That's not per gallon that's for 5 gallons. Per gallon is $9."

Not according to the web page.

I'm not trying to be difficult here but nowadays it's up to the company to put the information out there IF they want to sell their product. Lack of clarity will cost them sales. I should not have to email them to get answers or call. Look at that page, it's rather bland and lacking info. Furthermore the info is inconsistent from one product to another.
Here's their page on the Blueberry juice. The price (in the upper center) does not state quantity BUT the description does and it says "Per gallon" Logically one connects those two. And yes I see the weight listed as 50.00 lbs which just adds to the confusion.

When there are other options - I go elsewhere because I don't need the hassle. The OP was looking for juice concentrate sources. I would never point someone to a site where the info is confusing - you shouldn't have to dig, write or call to get basic information from a seller. IF they want to sell make it easy for customers. This company went to the trouble to compartment their site into a Retail and a Wholesale side - from the looks of the retail side - Retail sales is not a big thing to them.

Walkers Blueberry.jpg

"That's not per gallon that's for 5 gallons. Per gallon is $9."

Not according to the web page.

I'm not trying to be difficult here but nowadays it's up to the company to put the information out there IF they want to sell their product. Lack of clarity will cost them sales. I should not have to email them to get answers or call. Look at that page, it's rather bland and lacking info. Furthermore the info is inconsistent from one product to another.
Here's their page on the Blueberry juice. The price (in the upper center) does not state quantity BUT the description does and it says "Per gallon" Logically one connects those two. And yes I see the weight listed as 50.00 lbs which just adds to the confusion.

When there are other options - I go elsewhere because I don't need the hassle. The OP was looking for juice concentrate sources. I would never point someone to a site where the info is confusing - you shouldn't have to dig, write or call to get basic information from a seller. IF they want to sell make it easy for customers. This company went to the trouble to compartment their site into a Retail and a Wholesale side - from the looks of the retail side - Retail sales is not a big thing to them.

View attachment 51833

Preach it, brother!

In all seriousness, their site is a little confusing. But it seems like the prices are for their hot packs, which they describe as five gallons sealed hot, with yeast and nutrient added, that begins fermenting when you open it. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Still thinking homewinery.com looks the most like what I want.

They told me it doesn't have nutrients and the yeast is wild yeast, that you just add sulfites and get going after the standard 24 hours.

I emailed WalkerWineJuice and got a reply. In fairness to all I'm posting the links that they gave me. I will not post all the content of the email (It's not important to answer the OP question)

So here is the info on their juices. Their juices (Retail?) are ONLY sold in "Hot Packs" Here's the link to that info https://walkerswinejuice.com/retail/services/retail-hot-pack-prices/

I also asked about the pH and Brix info and I was only told that the Blueberry is at 21 brix anything else is here: https://walkerswinejuice.com/retail/services/instructions/acid-ph-results/

Would be nice if they also included the Brix of each juice but..

Their prices, while not outrageous are not really that great and shipping is high since they are shipping 5 gallon buckets.
The result is that for me 2 x 5 gallon buckets of Blueberry Juice would run $202.62 with shipping to northwest Arkansas or about $4.00 per bottle of wine.

T
I emailed WalkerWineJuice and got a reply. In fairness to all I'm posting the links that they gave me. I will not post all the content of the email (It's not important to answer the OP question)

So here is the info on their juices. Their juices (Retail?) are ONLY sold in "Hot Packs" Here's the link to that info https://walkerswinejuice.com/retail/services/retail-hot-pack-prices/

I also asked about the pH and Brix info and I was only told that the Blueberry is at 21 brix anything else is here: https://walkerswinejuice.com/retail/services/instructions/acid-ph-results/

Would be nice if they also included the Brix of each juice but..

Their prices, while not outrageous are not really that great and shipping is high since they are shipping 5 gallon buckets.
The result is that for me 2 x 5 gallon buckets of Blueberry Juice would run $202.62 with shipping to northwest Arkansas or about $4.00 per bottle of wine.
That is wrong, they are shipping pouches of juice like you receive In a wine kit. And for me it said shipping was free when I added to cart.

I'm going to try them out I ordered 3 different hot packs.

T

That is wrong, they are shipping pouches of juice like you receive In a wine kit. And for me it said shipping was free when I added to cart.

I'm going to try them out I ordered 3 different hot packs.

I would LOVE to try a pouch, especially with free shipping. But I can't find it anywhere on their site. Did you have to call it in?

I would LOVE to try a pouch, especially with free shipping. But I can't find it anywhere on their site. Did you have to call it in?
I did call yeah, bit you don't have to. If you order more than 1 they will probably give you free shipping if you call in.

I ordered the Riesling, Pinot noir and Frontenac. Because I thought I would like to try those.

From Walkerwinejuice - the text of the email I received today:

"Thanks for the feedback. Our former website was in some serious need of updating, so we just launched this new website less than a month ago. I will get this information updated. The only items for sale in our store are our 5 gallon Hot Packs (there is a brief explanation of hot packs at the top of this page). It is 100% blueberry juice, standardized to 21 brix. We do not mix other varieties together unless it is one of our blends, which is noted by the category (Red, White, Fruit, or Blends). You can find our acid and pH results here (you will find this under the 'Services' tab).

If you need anything else you can call my boss, Matt, at 716-673-9463 ext 1016.

Thank you,
Jenn"

Please note the underlined text in red. Their words not mine.

The price I listed on my last post was taken from the "Cart" prices. I entered a quantity of 2 hot packs and identified my home address for a shipping estimate.

"Hot Pack" Info - again from their site:
"HOT-PACK PRICES
Our 5 gallon containers of juice packaged at a high temperature. As the juice cools the container seals itself shut and will not start fermenting until opened. Every Hot-Pack comes with an instructional pamphlet, yeast, and yeast nutrient."

They don't say pouch or bucket but the prices for shipping are THEIR prices listed on their site.

Last edited:
I must just be less discerning or something. I was pretty sure all they ever sold RETAIL was the 5 gallon Hot Packs, that's 5 gallons of pure juice of the item selected. The web site was good enough, but I'm not that picky, I remember Netscape 4.7 and having to make web pages for that.

cmason1957 you are dating yourself.... :h - Yeah I get picky - been burned once or twice but thanks to buying through Amazon most of the time, I have usually escaped with only my pride wounded.

Guess for me - I expect sellers to give some info IF they want my business. Their prices just don't impress me but then I'm a bit "Thrifty" at times.

cmason1957 you are dating yourself.... :h - Yeah I get picky - been burned once or twice but thanks to buying through Amazon most of the time, I have usually escaped with only my pride wounded.

Guess for me - I expect sellers to give some info IF they want my business. Their prices just don't impress me but then I'm a bit "Thrifty" at times.
The prices are cheaper than a good kit, but yeah, I wanted to try out some of the juice and see if it makes a good wine. If so it might be a valid source untill I get my vines raised.

I am all for 5 gallons of good juice and including yeast and stuff separate is great.

I tell my grandkids I am older than dirt. Actually, I was at a birthday celebration tonight for a friend. She just got that 5 as her first digit. I chuckled. I remember that time.

FYI Estimate this morning from their site. (You have to go through "Estimate Shipping" to get a number there otherwise it just gets tacked on at the end)
Think I'll stick to my current sources that run me about $35.00-$40.00 for juice for 3 gallons (With shipping)

WalkersEstimate.jpg

Back