LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still with you - - -
thinking and praying - - -
thanx so much for everything - - -
get better fast - - -

rrawhide

Hang In There NW

20080620_021620_Hang-in-there_k.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

smiley34.gif
3 weeks since my first treatment for this round 2 of Cancer....
So, am finally feeling near human again and dreaded my trip in there thinking I had been over-dosed. The Dr. was disappointed with how sick I had been, he said about 10% of the patients can not take one of the drugs I had been given, unfortunately once administered there is no antidote and you just had to ride out the storm.

So, the Wizard reaches in his bag of tricks and pulls out another combination of the many Chemo drugs...now I am receiving 2 of the drugs I received before...but not having a IV Port makes them a little more difficult...One I got today is very hard on veins and must be administered very slowly and in two doses a week apart...so I go back next week for the rest of the treatment...It has a weird side effect of numbness to anything cold to the hands, feet, mouth and throat.... I have to wear gloves to take anything out of the fridge, drink only room temperature liquids...and so on. While the infusion my whole arm was numb like a stick..tingling like I had hit my funny bone...a feeling you can't even try to make yourself get to like....it has past now, as will the numbness between treatments...but after a lengthly treatment the numbness will become constant along with other miseries.

These drugs I think I will be able to handle better and hope to get out of the house and enjoy the rest of the summer.

I am truly blessed...
My husband held my hand during the trip into town...
A girlfriend stopped by during my 7 hour infusion ordeal and warmed my hands with hers.....
Tomorrow morning another friend will shave my head....
Life doesn't get any better than that!

Wish i could give you a helping hand there NW. We are all here for you to lay your feelings on and also to pray for your fast recovery so you can inspire us with your yard as photos and wisdom as always!

NW,

I haven't been looking in for a few days, been celebrating my girls 29th birthday, helping her move and having a visit from her Dad who stayed with Curtis and I.

Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. That Chemo must really be hard. I hope that your treatmemts will soon be over and that you will be feeling good and can share your flowers with us again.

Here is one that you probably don't have there. A Plumeria, my first bloom of the year. The smell is fantastic!!! It's for you...........Ramona

20080708_194835_plumeria_orton_.jpg

What an inspiration!!! All that you are going through and still saying life doesn't get any better than that! You have truly wonderful friends and you certainly deserve them. Hopefully we can all learn from your positive attitude. I admire your courage.

I hope things start working out better for you and your treatment go smoothly for you from now on. It is good that you have family and friends around at this time. Hang in there girl. I thoughts and prayers are with you.

We will be thinking of you at the Relay for Life in Perham, Mn. tomorrow, July 11. In memory of my dad, and my little sister and in honor of my mom and older sister. Keep up the good fight NW!

A short update....
Tuesday I went in and had the second half of a split-dose infusion...Due to not having a IV Port this drug has to administered slowly through a vein and a split dose one week apart...Makes for an extra trip to the treatment center, but it has to be done. This went smoothly and the side effect of numbness/tingling to anything cold is present...but I can live with it as before....

It has been a month since the first treatment and the infusion of Camptothecan-11 which really wrecked havoc on my body....I lost 12 pounds [which isn't a bad thing] and think that that drug is finally wearing off as I am feeling more 'normal'...I did loose my hair which as expected..not that fast but expected... I put away the hair dryer, curling iron and bushes, etc. and have loads of space in my drawer now...as well I have loads to extra time in the mornings...No grooming...and lucky me...I am the only one who doesn't have to look at myself....Trying to get a little color on my head, but tanning is probably not recommended....My Smurfe/Chemo Cut will be short lived as it looks like hair is growing in already...

I did have to take more Dexamethasone [steroid/cortisone] with Tuesday's infusion as well as taking tablets for 3 days following...so sleep does not come easy...I do have more energy and appetite, which is good, but will crash by Saturday...just part of the routine. A girlfriend takes this drug for RArthritis and says it makes her so honery and hungry she could eat someones face off..that's not good.

So...went from feeling 100% a month ago, then taking treatment and feeling like crap....and now getting into a routine and feeling better everyday...so Life is Good!

NW,
Did you say the drug makes your girlfriend horny and hungry or ornery and hungry?

Just trying to put a smile on your face!!

Keep up the fight

I'm so glad you're getting some relief from the drugs, NW! There's nothing better than feeling better!

(Edited for badly grammar!
smiley4.gif
)
Edited by: Joan

NW.
It's great to here you are feeling better everyday and your hair is beginning to grow back. It's good seeing your gardens and roses.

I'll be checking in................Ramona

NW//sorry to hear of your troubles,the southjersey wine makers all send there best to you and a prayer for your quick recovery,this format brings people together and in doing so after a period of time in discussion you tend to know the person you either read from or reply to,you all become a part of an extended family group,and when ones i'll we feel ,and when ones happy were in delight with them,that s also part of being a good wine maker,we feel for our craft,best wishes again//jp

Thanks for the update NW. I thought you have sounded better the last few days. Before you know it you will be back to your normal spritely self!

Your the strongest person I know NW........... I don't think anything will ever get you down.

Best wishes, and prayers for all your going through.

Scott said:
NW,
Did you say the drug makes your girlfriend horny and hungry or ornery and hungry?

Keep up the fight

Knowing her it was all of the above.....
smiley4.gif

Northern Winos said:
Scott said:
NW,

Keep up the fight

Knowing her it was all of the above.....
smiley4.gif

Wow, that would be quite an experience!
smiley4.gif
smiley30.gif
smiley18.gif

Latest posts

Back