LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Dear Friends...
Guess it's time I fess up and tell you why I think Life is so Good.....

Life is full of surprises that we all have to take in stride and live with. I have been feeling great the past year and a half since my first bout of Cancer and the end of 2 rounds of Chemo....

So, how can someone who feels strong, with loads of energy and pretty good stamina for someone my age have demons growing inside and not feel them???

A CT Scan in March showed an area of interest, another CT Scan 2 weeks ago showed the tumors had doubled in size and have some little 'buddies'...they are highly suspicious for metastatic deposits...Likely Cancer. Today I went to the Roger Maris Cancer Center in Fargo and had a PET Scan...it will pick up any other 'hot spots' and help my Doctors decide what treatment to take.

So...what makes Life so Good??? The fact that we live in an age of such great medical practices....that tumors can be detected before they cause any pain and that they are nipped in the bud. I am very fortunate that I feel so healthy and strong and have the will to lick this thing...again.

I will be awaiting the Doctors reports and will do anything they want to try to get this small hurdle crossed.

So...probably in a few weeks I will be fighting a battle of some sort and may not be checking in as usual...or may be here more...time will tell.

I know you guys will be in my corner fighting with me. Right ow I don't know any more that what I have said here....so hang in there with me...I will keep you all Posted....

Thanks for being here....and remember Life is Good!!!

Live it with all your heart....Take care of yourselves....don't let the little aches and pains go by without looking into them and having them taken care of....and...have good health insurance.

Life is indeed Good!!!!

You're an inspiration to us all, NW. We're fortunate to know you. Thanks for sharing, and you're right, we're all in your corner with you. Best wishes and please keep us posted.

Greetings from Hastings MN and just P.O.R. ' Press On, Regardless"
and keep yor gaurd up against the ' sniops" Suseptable Influences Of Negative People'

NW, Your 1 of the strongest people I have ever had the pleasure to now, unfortunately not in person but all the same. To have the strength that you do really inspires so many of us and we are in your corner always. Prayers go out to you that you dont though.

I think I can say for all of us here that we are honored that you think enough about us to share this information with. I am inspired by your will to take such a negative event and always turn it into something more poistive. Yes, Life is good and even better when you allow it to be. Good luck with the findings and if needed I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes....

I will keep my positive attitude forever....will get through this without loosing sight.

I strongly believe in the power of prayer....last time during months of Chemo I felt like 'someone' took my shoulders and propped me up...from then on I was stronger....

This does take the wind out of your sails and teaches one patience.....lots of sitting in waiting rooms and waiting your turn for treatments, rides and so on....so will have to keep an open mind and relax more.

Thanks again and be sure to take care of yourselves....

NW, you have always been an incredible inspiration to me. I wish for half your gardening energy. Thank you for sharing your stories, birds, bears, berries, and your vast wisdom. You have my support always.

We are all right there with you in spirit NW..We will walk beside you through this and be there for you in whatever capacity you need us.

Best wishes to you N.W. I hope only the best for you in your challenge.

Thank You all...it is very comforting to see all these well wishes.

It has been business as usual around here this 'weekend of worry'...Just keeping busy playing in the dirt.....very therapeutic.....

Soon enough I will hear about the results of the tests and wait for the call...then I will be off to see the Wizard.

So it goes...Meanwhile...life couldn't be better than this.

NW,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Your outlook and strength are a blessing to all of us. If I want to be reminded of how good we have it, I only have to read one of you posts. Please keep us informed.

We are praying for you. You are an inspiration. When I look at all my trivial problems and how they get me down it is a blessing to hear how you cope with such a positive attitude.

Peter

A little update....

I received a copy of the radiologists report of the PET/CT Scan....

I was given a dose of radioactive glucose
smiley34.gif
that would high light any hot spots before the scan. 2 major areas showed abnormal uptake within 2 presumed necrotic lymph nodes in the pelvis...[That was kind of expected.] There were other densities that were previously shown in CT Scans but they did not show abnormal uptake but could have been below resolution.

They mentioned a couple other areas of interest...one focused increased activity on a area in lymph nodes on the aorta and vena cava [heart area] that showed some activity last month on a CT Scan.....but these didn't show abnormal uptake...[that's interesting]...they also detected diverticulosis....[that's not as interesting]

At least I am not loaded up with hot-spots....so am very fortunate.

Tuesday I am off to see the Wizard and will follow his plan of attack.

Life is Good!!!!

Again I want to wish you all the luck in the world and may God grant you good news a speedy recovery once again if needed. We need you on the forum.

Just a little Update.....
I went to see The Wizard...aka...Dr. Personality.....this is not so, the man rarely smiles ...but he is usually the barer of bad news to most people....

So...he enters the room and apologizes for having me sent to have all these tests done...and says the disease has returned...no doubt about it. [Well...I knew that...I got the reports so was prepared]

He said the tumors are deep within my pelvis on lymph nodes...no chance of biopsies or surgery...but undoubtedly Cancer...It will be treated as Colon Cancer.

He offered me some experimental treatments or tried and proven Chemo...I chose the old ones....He explained I would be getting stronger medicine than the last treatments...what side effects could be expected...But thought by my blood work that I would likely not get most of them...perhaps my blood pressure would get higher, but could be treated..I usually have very low blood pressure anyway...so might luck out on that as well.

So, then the nurse comes in...one I really got to know and liked during my last treatments...She was very sad and said how nice it was to see me, but not under these circumstances...I told her...I am healthy [? sort of], strong and happy and ready to get this over with. That I am very fortunate to feel good and not be sick...That I am fortunate to have caught this before I was in pain and before things got too far advanced...she smiled...and we made the arrangements.

So, Monday I go in to outpatient surgery and have an Open-Ended I-V Port installed [again] This is a tube that goes to my heart and has a port that looks like doorbell on my collar bone...the soft bulge is where they put the needles and administer the drugs....Some people said it looks like a pacemaker under the skin.

Then Tuesday I go in for my first treatment. I will get 3 new I-V bags of drugs and 3 old ones like I had before. The first treatments will take all day...each time the hours will get shorter, but these treatments will take longer than last time....a real trial of patients...of which I have non. Last time Jim sat with me through all the treatments and was my pillar, my friend my husband, would hold my hand and reassure me this was necessary and would be over soon.....It is torcher for me to just sit and watch I-V bags dripping for hours....I will have treatments every 2 weeks as before.

I will once again come home with a fanny pack [ball and chain] a pump and another bag of dope
smiley34.gif
that administers a small dose every 2 minutes....then after 48 hours go back to the clinic and have it removed.

I have the rest of this week to play and continue to get things in order...then will take my medicine... I'll drink to that!!!!!

We are all living a death sentence...non of us are going to get out of this world alive....Live your life the best you can....Cross your hurdles as they are presented.......Never loose sight of family and friends. Tell your loved ones you love them ...EVERYDAY.

This like all thing will pass. I will continue to live the good life.

Edited by: Northern Winos

Back