LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the well wishes....Means alot.....

Scan went good.....But oh how I hate when they have it done at the hospital instead of the clinic....It takes forever at the hospital....They check you in as an out patient ....then the waiting begins....

Will be glad when Tuesday rolls around and we can get on with our lives....That is if everything is clear and with all the prayers and thoughts....things should be good.

Thanks again....

Waldo said:
Mexico huh !!! Coming through Arkansas or are you flying?

Waldo....Only going for one week....Flying isn't fast enough to get down there....Too many things planned...and the first and last days are travel days....Seemed that a week would be a long time at first...But, it will go all too quickly.

NW thanks for the update. I said a short prayer for you this morning, just knowing there are people out there who care always helps me. I have only been around here a month or so but I have enjoyed your post and the community.Tuesday is coming quickly.

Jeff

same for us too!!!
smiley31.gif
smiley31.gif
smiley31.gif

take care
rrawhide

I know Tuesday seems like a long ways away but it gives us a longer time to offer prayers. We are pulling for you

NW, you know you are in our thoughts every day. With every bit of faith, here's hope for good news on Tuesday, and smooth travels on your trip to Mexico. Mr & Mrs Pelican

NW, lots of prayers for you on tues and fingers and toes crossed for a blank screen on the scan.
smiley4.gif

NW, pack up your things cause I see Mexico in your future. The cost for my knowledge of your future though is some pics down in Mexico!
smiley36.gif

Thanks again everyone.....
Need all the prayers I can get since my Aunt [the nun] died...Figured no one would be praying for me anymore...She did all the praying chores for our family....
Thanks again all.....
smiley4.gif

Hi NW.
I wish I could get on one of those `Drug-Vacations` sometime.
I hope your tests come back good.
We did get a little good news weekalso. I had been having head aces.I had an MRI earlier this week and it came back good. So it hasn't spread that far yet.

swillologist said:
Hi NW.
I wish I could get on one of those `Drug-Vacations` sometime.
I hope your tests come back good.
We did get a little good news weekalso. I had been having head aces.I had an MRI earlier this week and it came back good. So it hasn't spread that far yet.

Swill...
I gather you are at home...
Keep the faith and never give up...
You are on some pretty heavy drugs now and they are trying their best to get you on the right track.

Last June when I had to start another round of treatments I got so sick from the first treatment I thought I was going to die...They changed the drugs and they too were tough...By September I wanted to die because I thought the disease taking over....when they took me off the drugs I realized it was the drugs that were dragging me down.

Just keep a strong will to beat the disease...the meds will tear you apart...most of the bad feelings are from the drugs killing the bad cells.... Unfortunately the side effects affect your mind and body...

At points during my last round of treatments there were days that I
wondered who is this person inside me...'Roid Rage' from the
steroids...angry and weak...Tired from lack of sleep...I didn't think I could go on....Just tried to maintain...Jim was my anchor.

Never give up...just keep telling yourself that it's the drugs giving all the bad feelings...Inside you are still there...whole and complete. Those drugs really change your outlook...Try to remember...You are You...and you will be normal again!!!!

CT Scan = BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS

BAD NEWS FIRST....

So, I went to see The Wizard and got my report...

The main tumor has increased in size from 2 months ago ...from... 1.6cm [.62" or 5/8"] to 2.7cm [1.06"] As well some tiny tumors are growing slowly. He said this needs treatment and was wanting to start right away.

He wants to use a drug [Irinotecan...CPT-11] He tried that the last round on the first treatment, it made me so deathly ill...He said he will reduce the dosage this time [there goes my new hair] He will mix it with a new drug [Erbitux] Many nasty side effect with that one too....There goes the weight I had gained back...not a bad thing to have a little reserve on the bones. It will be a weekly treatment....That's really inconvenient. But who said life isn't full of inconveniences.

GOOD NEWS....

Whoa!!!! I said....we are going on a trip to Mexico in March...
He said he thought I might be too sick to go if we did treatment before....So, I go into treatment as soon as we get home...Like we will probably get home at midnight and I have to be in for lab at 10:00 AM the following morning...

So it goes!!!!

So, Isla Mujeres and Isla Holbox will be a very pleasant vacation to end this so called 'Drug Vacation'....it has been good while it lasted.

This was just a 'Time-Out' as the tumors were still there when we quit the treatment last fall....I had to recover From the treatments, gain some weight and get ready for Round 3.

I have had a wonderful fall and winter....I was able to ride the Gator around the farm and enjoyed deer season....Had a great Holiday Season...and have been enjoying spear fishing season...So, as always...

Life is Good!!!

smiley6.gif
Glad you can take the time to go live a little before hitting the table again but very sorry to hear this is nowhere near over!
smiley35.gif

Enjoy your time in Mexico so you are ready to do battle with the big guns.You know we are all still here for you as you move into this next round. Remember, you battled it back before, you will again. We are all backing you!
smiley31.gif

Sounds like you knew this was coming...Round 3. Enjoy your vacation and you will be refreshed to begin again!!!!

Ramona

Hope I have the strength and will power to do this again....

I don't have time for this crap!!! Have seeds already to plant and plants ordered....

Worst part is...No wine!!!!
smiley19.gif

Oh, No.....you would think that some wine would be very healthful...in small amounts......but I'm not good at small amounts.....

Latest posts

Back