Lable Making?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the FINAL one!

All fixed, better corners, correct data, spelling etc. Only thing I fixed right after posting is moving the bottom data down more.
Just have to figure out how to reduce it down for a 2x4 label for the 375 bottles.

Mueller-Thurgau-Final-300p.jpg

I can't believe that these guys suggested changes, all though even with the changes your labels are great. Just something that I picked up a while back, if using ink jet like me, use hairspray to prevent the ink from running.

I can't believe that these guys suggested changes, all though even with the changes your labels are great. Just something that I picked up a while back, if using ink jet like me, use hairspray to prevent the ink from running.

thanks. I do think everyone suggestions helped make it better. So thank you guys!
I am using laser so I think I am ok for bleeding.

I was thinking earlier that it is more than just the wine we make that makes it special. It's the way it is presented. I think everyone in the beginning spends a good bit of time designing a label for their new endevour taking pride in what they have accomplished.

I love when I give someone a btl. of wine first it's thanks then I watch as they look over the label and read about it. Their eyes light up and I know they can't wait to open it. I met Doug (ffemt) last year at a rest for lunch and I gave him 2 btls. I had made. He and his wife had them polished off by 7pm that night.

Some of my wines carry just basic info. Those are the ones we drink in house or for the kids when they have a party of friends. Nothing special needed. But those that are special wines and great achievements I like placing a nice label on.

Hey which do you like better? Being handed an unwrapped Birthday gift or one that's gift wrapped nicely. It's all in the presentation.

Just my 3 cents worth....you know inflation hits everything.

I was asking for honest opinions and appreciate all of them.

Someone gave me a bottle of merlot something that he made and is supposed to be very good. No labels... I know he said it was merlot and another kind he did a blend with but I don't remember what it was. Having at least the type of wine on there I think is important. For the this one, I would have liked a lot more - blend ratio, year etc.

If it wasn't for washing I'd even do a label on the back with descriptions and other stuff some people like.

So moral of the story - if you post a label be prepared for HONEST answers and sticks and stone may break your bones... you know the rest.

Rich are saying we shouldn't give our honest opinion when folks ask for it and just patronize them?
No Dan, I'm just saying that I'm surprized that someone would even try to improve on something so good.

We come here for honest opinions.

After the changes the labels were still very good.

No Dan, I'm just saying that I'm surprized that someone would even try to improve on something so good.
We come here for honest opinions.
After the changes the labels were still very good.

Thanks Rich! I think the end result was the best one. Just have to try and match the screen colors to the printer. They are a little darker than I was hoping for. Just have to find out how to calibrate it. It's a Ricoh SP C420DN

rob how are you doing the dropshadow on the oval by hand??

also have you saved a copy of it still in layers??? if so just resize your layers one at a time to fit on your 2x4 label

Yes I always save as layers. I save for web to get the jpg file.
The "drop shadow" is actually a layer mask. I then have the photo behind it.

I do mine in photo shop 4"x 4.5" and use the File/Print Layouts/Picture Package to print 4 4"x5" photos. I print them on 20 pound paper cut them with a paper cutter and apply them with one of those cheep glue sticks. They hold up well in the refrigerator but not too good in a cooler with ice. The labels soak off after about 10 seconds under hot water.

If I am going to put bottles in a cooler of ice I have srink bag to put on the bottles. Yuou just sloip the bottle in and the bad goes nearly to the neck of the bottle, then hit it with a heat gun. It removes easily but protects your labels.

Latest posts

Back