Labeled a few bottles this weekend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket man

Reaction score
I decided to label a few batches of wine at the same time since it takes so long to clean up afterwards. I think it worked out pretty good.

sunset-1-1781.jpg

I also came up with a new blend that is very tasty, it's moscato and cranberry. I call it summer sunset. I even used a photo that I took while in San Diego for the label.

sunset-2-1782.jpg

I decided to label a few batches of wine at the same time since it takes so long to clean up afterwards. I think it worked out pretty good.

sunset-1-1781.jpg

I also came up with a new blend that is very tasty, it's moscato and cranberry. I call it summer sunset. I even used a photo that I took while in San Diego for the label.

sunset-2-1782.jpg

looking good there rocketman....nice job....great looking label there...

Great looking labels, and I think that new blend would be an awesome flavor. I can almost taste it by the description.

Interested in the labeling machine. Where'd you get that?

Great looking labels nice photo's. Question: What information do you put on your labels other than wines name?

Label Machine

Great looking labels, and I think that new blend would be an awesome flavor. I can almost taste it by the description.

Yeah, where did you get the label machine. It looks like it does a nice job, and congrats on the new batch.

I got that off ebay about a year ago. It's a Potdevin label paster. I was bidding on one very similar to it and got up to more than I wanted to pay for it so I dropped out. A few days later the same seller contacted me and asked if i wanted to buy one just like it for the last bid that I gave on it so I took it right away.

Last edited:
Great looking labels nice photo's. Question: What information do you put on your labels other than wines name?

I put the year that I started the wine, the finished ABV, my name and my city, the ml of the bottle, and the name of the wine or what it's made of.
Here is a closeup of the sunset wine.

sunset-1783.jpg

Great looking labels!

I have never seen a label paster before, interesting....

I put the year that I started the wine, the finished ABV, my name and my city, the ml of the bottle, and the name of the wine or what it's made of.
Here is a closeup of the sunset wine.

sunset-1783.jpg
Great I can read this now. OK I see nice label.

I got that off ebay about a year ago. It's a Potdevin label paster. I was
bidding on one very similar to it and got up to more than I wanted to pay for it
so I dropped out. A few days later the same seller contacted me and asked if i
wanted to buy one just like it for the last bid that I gave on it so I took it
right away

Nice labels rocket man.
I had been wondering if you ever got one. Glad to see that you did.:try

Last edited:
Nice labels rocket man.
I had been wondering if you ever got one. Glad to see that you did.:try

Thanks rodo, I'm glad I got one too. I sure wasn't going to pay the $480 for a new one but $89 for used one was too good to pass up.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but here is a link to when we were talking about this last year with you tube videos.
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f83/label-paster-13845/

Not a hijack. I was trying to remember what that video was and I was going to post it so everyone could see how easy the labeling machine is to use. :h

Thanks rodo, I'm glad I got one too. I sure wasn't going to pay the $480 for a new one but $89 for used one was too good to pass up.

Yep, that's a deal. I can't understand why they are so expensive, but everywhere I look they are just way too high for a home winemaker, IMO. Plus, many use label tapes, which makes it even more inconvenient for the home guy. Glad you snagged yours!

Thanks rodo, I'm glad I got one too. I sure wasn't going to pay the $480 for
a new one but $89 for used one was too good to pass up.

That was a great deal:try What are you using for glue?

I can't understand why they are so expensive,

They are actually quite a little work of precision.
but everywhere I look they are just way too high

If you want one and are patient search for it on E-Bay after you sign in you can save the search and they will E-Mail you if one is listed.

Latest posts

Back