Other Label Peelers Sale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freqflyer

Reaction score
I'm new to kit wine making. I noticed Label Peelers is having a 35% off sale on kits. They had a 20% off sale recently. I was wondering how often they do these sales and is 35% worth buying a few kits or will they have one again in a few months.

I wondered the same thing and I monitored since the summer and it seems they always have promos.
It was 40% over the summer then 20% as you mentioned and now 35%.
But be aware at the overall price!
I just bought the Napa Merlot Eclipse which is $148 locally in Buffalo then -10% the day after a Buffalo Bills win then got a $4 coupon for next purchase ($2 coupon / $50 spent).
So effective price is $129.
Label peelers price the same wine at $180 (?!?) That's $117 after 35% off plus shipping $135...
They apply big discounts on the highest prices that have seen at least compared to the two LHBS in Buffalo.

LP is usually my "go to" online retailer as nobody seems to compete in better prices, including the shipping, at least for me. Great service as well.

If the sponsors had a competitive/equal price there's no doubt I'd buy from them. I have actually purchased from George FineVineWines, great service too, even though the price is higher than LP.

I live in Colorado and, while I have had good experience with LP, Doug at Brew and Wine Supply (a sponsor) still has a better price and his service is always great. Gotta give him his due.

And don't forget, Doug gives us members a 5% discount. ;)

I've purchased a few kits from LP and have been happy with them. Same with Doug - and his service is excellent. As with any online purchase, you should look at the DELIVERED price, including shipping and any applicable fees/taxes.

Jim,

out of the Eclipse, which one would be #1 for you?
I know you made a couple of Eclipse.

I'd like if they had the Amarone in the Eclipse line but they don't, only in the Selection Int'l with skins.
I was also eye balling the SI Spanish Tempranillo.

..:wy

Jim,

out of the Eclipse, which one would be #1 for you?
I know you made a couple of Eclipse.

I'd like if they had the Amarone in the Eclipse line but they don't, only in the Selection Int'l with skins.
I was also eye balling the SI Spanish Tempranillo.

..:wy

I realize you asked Jim, but I'm going to put in my 2 cents anyways.
The best Eclipse kit I've made so far is the Italian Barolo, followed closely by the Cab, Merlot and Zin. I have the Pinot and Shiraz as well, but they only have a year on them, so I can't give them a fair assessment just yet.
For whatever it's worth, I think the SI Amarone is a lot closer to, if not on the same level as the Eclipse line than the Spanish Temp., Malbec/Shiraz, or Brunello. I have the SI Petit Verdot and Argentine Malbec as well, but they're still too young to judge at this point.
So to sum it up, I'd be quite confident in any of the Eclipse wines, especially the Barolo. As far as the SI wines, I'd definitely do the Amarone again, and probably the Brunello. Hopefully the others will start to shine with a bit more age, otherwise I'll pass on making them again.

Last edited:
I guess I can't complain about my local store which is usually cheaper once you take in consideration the shipping cost of using LP

I live in a suburb of the third largest city in the USSA. I had a decent LHBS but they closed up as soon as a brew and grow opened near by, which made no sense to me, since the brew and grow only carries low end kits, and the LHBS only carried mid to high end. Either way, I now buy all my kits via the interwebs...

Once a year, I drive near LP on the way to visit family. So, when they are having a sale, I order for pickup. They are happy to hold it for a month or two (or maybe more). Otherwise, because of shipping costs, I buy from my LHBS (like the LE kits that are not available all the time).

Yes for those quick moments pickups - the standard brew and grow will work.

But for the larger items - I would rather call Doug and get the knowledge along with the product at the same or better price than local.

I m surprised so many people buy online. Don't you have a LHBS?

My local is a small shop that deals mostly with brewers. He has some kits, but not many. Very knowledgable guy and helpful, though. The next closest place is almost 30 miles and they charge $158.99 for the Eclipse Barolo, plus I'd pay 5.5% sales tax. I can buy the same kit from Doug for $148.99, less 5% WMT discount, and only pay $9 for shipping, bringing the total cost to less than $150, and saving me 90 minutes in the car, fighting DC area traffic. No brainer.

My local is a small shop that deals mostly with brewers. He has some kits, but not many. Very knowledgable guy and helpful, though. The next closest place is almost 30 miles and they charge $158.99 for the Eclipse Barolo, plus I'd pay 5.5% sales tax. I can buy the same kit from Doug for $148.99, less 5% WMT discount, and only pay $9 for shipping, bringing the total cost to less than $150, and saving me 90 minutes in the car, fighting DC area traffic. No brainer.

I don't pay sale tax in NY on juice kit. It surprised me the first time.
$9 shipping to DC is good. LP quoted me $18 to Buffalo, NY - 4 hours drive away.
Is the 5% discount on top of current promo? I am not sure how you see the Barolo at $148.99. The listing price prior promo for their eclipse reds is $179.95

I don't pay sale tax in NY on juice kit. It surprised me the first time.
$9 shipping to DC is good. LP quoted me $18 to Buffalo, NY - 4 hours drive away.
Is the 5% discount on top of current promo? I am not sure how you see the Barolo at $148.99. The listing price prior promo for their eclipse reds is $179.95

The $148 and 5% off is from Doug (Brew and Wine Supply), one of our sponsors. He has flat rate shipping on kits. Use 'Winetalk5' at checkout for the 5% discount.

Woohoo I just got a kit I've eyeing for a few months, Australian Petit Verdot for $133 shipped!
Also the coupon is all lower case, winetalk5
My email shows the total charged but not the product I ordered, hmmmm.

Latest posts

Back