Label Help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish

Reaction score
The fiancee and I will be harvesting our first wines in the spring. She is good with computers and has messed around with photoshop. I do need some help from you guys though. We need good names for our wines. :h Here is a little info about us. Getting married in March. We live in Nauvoo, Illinois. Overlooking the Mississippi River. We are big into catfishing and fish tournaments all over the midwest. (Hence my name). We will have a sweet Niagara, Concord, and Catawba.

We plan on getting a sunset overlooking the river for one of the labels. Maybe a picture of the vineyard where the grapes came from with some snow on the ground for another label and not sure about the third one yet. Something that comes to mind is during the winter there is hundreds of bald eagles around here. I may try to get a good picture of an eagle and figure out some kinda name to mix it in with? Not sure. Just brainstorming. :)

Here's one of our engagement pictures. Maybe use it for something.
hooked.jpg

for a funny label, you could call it "Niagra Falls" and have a cartoon or something having wine pouring into their mouths. :)

labels are highly opinionated type pieces. more information on a direction would help. i have done work for a web design/graphics company before and it's difficult to put out ideas for someone else in this scenario.

a pic looking over the mississippi would be a good idea. doing a theme for all of them would be easier.

maybe one could feature a catfish drinking wine or catching a catfish on a grape.

Thanks for the help. The catfish drinking out of a wine bottle is a cool idea.

Bhamguy- That is an interesting label. What's the details on it.

Thanks for the help. The catfish drinking out of a wine bottle is a cool idea.

Bhamguy- That is an interesting label. What's the details on it.

That's from the Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau (November 18th this year), i just did some photo-shoppin'

Just playing with your pic. Maybe it'll give you an idea though. (BTW I love this picture!)

nn.jpg

Awesome idea!! Thanks for taking your time to do that. That is cool. I will show it to the boss and see what she thinks!

GIMP is my favorite tool for playing with photo's and it's free. Here's one I put together in about 2 min's .
Hope you like it. Just a few over lays on top of your original photo.

TJ

No prob. when I'm not making wine, I'm playing with my photo editing stuff. 2 of my fav hobbies.

Latest posts

Back