Other Kits on deck?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaDawg

Reaction score
How many kits do ya'll have on deck? I try to limit myself to 3, but I am not always successful :dg

Down to one kit that I will get going over the holiday break....the WE LE Oregon Pinot Noir. I have the Passport Sonoma Coast PN on order as well so need to get this one going.

Doing a better job on my wine kits than I am on brewing grains....100's of pounds just waiting to be mashed.

-Josh

None! Started my on-deck RJS VdV Merlot yesterday. A visit to my LHBS sometime soon will have me bringing home a California Muscato, a Riesling and a WS kit that I've not yet tried.

Last edited:
Hubby has limited me to 5 on deck, but we got over enthusiatic and started 2 this last week so we're down to none...Time to get shopping -I just am so torn about what to order next

7 at the moment. But the LR's and RQ's are going to start showing up at my door. That will add six more to my collection.

RJS WS Valpolicella
RJS WS Rosso Grande Eccelente
RJS EP Italian Amarone
RJS EP Chile Pinot Noir
RJS WS Australian Pinot Noir
RJS WS Chilean Malbec
WE Italian Barolo Eclipse w/skins

Passport Limited Release:
Washington Petit Verdot 2015
Italian Brunello 2015
Oregon Pinot Gris 2015
Chilean Volcanic Red Blend 15

RQ 2015 Chilean Cabernet/Merlot
RQ 2015 Italian Aglianico

I think I have 3 kits on deck as well as some frozen fruit for DDDB. I will be taking care of that last one tonight :)

I'm down to one also. A Mosti Impressions Merlot with skins. I also have a few limiteds that will show up over the next few months.

Right now, La Bodega port style that I just picked up at a very decent price...:tz

Everything else is bulk aging.

Ordered the WE LE Super Tuscan and WE LE Trio Blanca.

Just like Brian55, I have 7 kits on deck. I also have 4 limited Editions on order. I need to start mass bottling soon since all my carboys and barrels are full.

A CC Showcase Merlo and a Gran Cru Chardonnay both with skins. First time with a kit with skins.

I ask the question but failed to say what I have on deck

Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon (my next kit)
RJS Watermelon White Merlo (Hope this one is drinkable by summer!)
Winexpert California Gewurztraminer

I get to anxious when they're on deck! The better question would be how many kits have I had on deck at one time..:) And to answer my own question it was 3 just a few weeks ago now in carboys I'm with jsiddall on this one...quote: The way I see it a kit in a box is getting worse every day while a kit in a carboy (or bottles) is getting better every day.

I have never had a kit in a box for more than 1 day. The way I see it a kit in a box is getting worse every day while a kit in a carboy (or bottles) is getting better every day.

This would be all fine and dandy assuming an unlimited budget, more than one primary, and a collection of long term storage. For the rest of us, we stock up when the price is right...

A month ago i had whittled it down to zero. then the bad man at my LHBS offered some RQ's from last year at a great price at the same time as 15% off the winery series kits. I now have 5 including the new RQ that arrived yesterday. NOTE TO SELF: must keep wife out of wine room

cheers

Latest posts

Back