Other Kits on deck?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that some do not keep any on deck. One can always run down to your LHBS and pick up a kit, but some of us don't have a LHBS and must keep something on hand to keep the finished supply moving. The only kit I have not ordered over the internet was a gift:dg

I have three on deck with no plans at present to start any of them. They are 2 WE Selection International with skins (Brunello & Malbec) and 1 WE Selection Valpolicella. When my son-in-law and I made the run to Lowellville for our juice buckets, we came dangerously close to Kent, Ohio, home of Label Peelers, so we made a stop. The prices are so great there that I could not pass up these three kits.

Five kits on deck of the six I plan to make for the year. Also hoping the wife doesn't notice my stashed kits. Next year maybe I'll build my "workshop" (detached wineroom with a basement cellar)? A guy can dream!

Lhbs had a 20% deal going so picked up Winery Series Shiraz. Also a double kit of Argentia Ridge Pino Grigio from Costco.

I have three on deck with no plans at present to start any of them. They are 2 WE Selection International with skins (Brunello & Malbec) and 1 WE Selection Valpolicella. When my son-in-law and I made the run to Lowellville for our juice buckets, we came dangerously close to Kent, Ohio, home of Label Peelers, so we made a stop. The prices are so great there that I could not pass up these three kits.

We are making a trip to the finger lakes area next summer and plan on stopping by LP ourselves. Just out of curiosity, is the parking lot big enough for a camper?...

We are making a trip to the finger lakes area next summer and plan on stopping by LP ourselves. Just out of curiosity, is the parking lot big enough for a camper?...

Yes they do. Their facility is located on a corner and there is adequate parking on the right side. Very nice people. Have a good trip.

Which of the Finger Lakes do you plan to visit? We lived in Rochester for about 10 years and we were near Canandaigua. There are a lot of nice wineries in the area. One was right across the street from where we live, called Casa Larga.

tanddc they have a lot in stock but you should place your order online and then take the option to pick up and wait for the email so you know they have it in before stopping then you have the option to pay for it online or in person when picked up. I stopped in one time to pick up a kit that was on sale online and they didn't have any in stock they gave me the same advise...Very nice people! Great customer service! Always aim to please!

happy wine making!

Yes they do. Their facility is located on a corner and there is adequate parking on the right side. Very nice people. Have a good trip.

Which of the Finger Lakes do you plan to visit? We lived in Rochester for about 10 years and we were near Canandaigua. There are a lot of nice wineries in the area. One was right across the street from where we live, called Casa Larga.

We haven't lined out our trip yet. The plan is to stay at one of the State campgrounds in the area and make trips out to the various wineries every day. If you have recommendations of what wineries we should visit (or avoid) they would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

I have four batches in progress that are ready to bottle. Then I have a chardonnay, LE Nero d'avola 2014, and LE petit verdot 2014 waiting. I preordered two of the 2015 that will be here in February. Total of five.
Heather

We have 2 kits that we haven't started and one that we stabilized and added the fining agent to yesterday. Have 10 bulk aging. We have had as many as 6 in the queue to start in the past. We usually start them 2 at a time to reduce the set up time and cleaning time per kit.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I have one kit on deck. I have only done one kit so far and it is in second fermation. Waiting on results before I try another.

We usually start them 2 at a time to reduce the set up time and cleaning time per kit.

I have been starting kits in pairs since the very beginning. I find it so much easier to keep track and as you point the setup/cleaning time ratio just seems to work better with 2 at a time.

I have one kit on deck that I will do Jan 22 as a demonstration for a wine tasting party.

BUT I have 12 carboys bulk aging from the fall juices.

I have no kits on deck. Nada, Zippo!

I am thinking of buying a kit to start early in the year, but I am thinking of brewing some beer.

I just may take a short break from fermenting, take a breath and open one of the many, many, many bottles I have.

Well, I have nine full six gallon carboys, five full five gallon carboys, six full three gallon carboys, and dozens of one gallon, four liter, and three liter jugs. Need to bottle the Walla Walla Cab Merlot and the Red Mountain over Christmas to get ready for the LEs in January: Passport Brunello and LE Red Meritage.

I only have 2 on deck I just started the Lodi Ranch Cab/Sauvignon. And I need to start the watermelon/merlot so it will be drinkable by summer. I need more carboys, I need more kits

A month ago i had whittled it down to zero. then the bad man at my LHBS offered some RQ's from last year at a great price at the same time as 15% off the winery series kits. I now have 5 including the new RQ that arrived yesterday. NOTE TO SELF: must keep wife out of wine room

cheers

I'm not sure what happened but after I started a kit yesterday, I did a recount and it increased to 7 on deck. All I did was stop by my LHBS to drop off a Christmas bottle of wine. I think the guy is slipping kits into my trunk when my back turned. Maybe I should save time and start shopping for a divorce lawyer now since later it looks like I will be busy in the wine room.

Cheers Everyone!!​

Now I have 3 kits on deck . The Cheeky Monkey LE white , the Kenridge Showcase Amarone and the Passport LE Petite Verdot . Normally I don't have anything on deck , make them as I get them .
But life got in the way . :(

Added a Gewurztraminer by Grand Cru in the up on deck. This will have to be next. Making it for my nieces wedding in the fall.

Back