Kit Tweak Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutstix

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a small dilemma, and thought I would ask for suggestions from the forum. I have only been making grape skin kits the past few years (Cellar Craft Showcase series, and RJ Spagnols Cellar Classic Winery series). Well, when the new Limited Edition kits were announced this year, I had to pick up a Primitivo kit w/o grape pack (My wife and I are big Primitivo fans).

So, I would like to do something to make up for the lack of grape pack, but not upset the balance of the kit. I see that I can buy grape packs, but only Cabernet Sauvignon, and Syrah. I also thought of bananas, raisins or zante currants. Anyone have any ideas? Or should I leave as is, and forget the fruit? Thanks in advance!!

TS

Since that is an Italian varietal I would add 1lb Organic Red Flame raisins available from Whole Foods. I think that would compliment the wine nicely. Or buy 2 if you really like it. Make one with and one without and that way you can compare the outcome easily!

Thanks Mike!

I will make sure and check out the Red Flame raisins, my daughter and I are just gearing up for a trip to the co-op. I appreciate the quick response!

ts

Thanks Mike!

I will make sure and check out the Red Flame raisins, my daughter and I are just gearing up for a trip to the co-op. I appreciate the quick response!

ts

Check your starting SG first, as the raisens will add sugar, you are going to end up with a abv.

troutsix:

I understand your love of the kits with grape skins. However, the Limited Edition kits tend to be quite high quality as well, and personally I do not consider tweaking them.

Steve

Latest posts

Back