RJ Spagnols Just started my first kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honkey

Reaction score
I just started my first kit. It is a Cru Select Australian Shiraz. Everything seemed to go well. I annoy certain what the OG was supposed to be, but I measured it at 1.094. I am excited about it!

Very good honkey. I would have expected an OG aroud 1.092, so that looks good.

Steve

Very good honkey. I would have expected an OG aroud 1.092, so that looks good.

Steve

Good to hear I was close! I want to make a kit a month for a few months. I may even do a mist wine kit. I also just found a guy on Craigslist that is willing to part with 200 bottles that he says are cleaned and cork able for 50$.

I started with the goal of a kit per month when i got into this hobby almost 4 years ago............ and found that it was not enough to keep up with the demand and still keep some around for 2 yrs aging.....
So last year I made 34 kits, mostly in the first half of the year and bumped up my bottle count to around 900 by searching kijiiji and craigslist etc.....
Now im back to 3-4 kits every 2-3 months to maintain supply and enjoying
lots of variety in reds with a year or more age on them.
I also started with the lower end kits in the early years but now stick
to cru select and my favorite line, the Winery series.

Welcome

Good to hear I was close! I want to make a kit a month for a few months. I may even do a mist wine kit. I also just found a guy on Craigslist that is willing to part with 200 bottles that he says are cleaned and cork able for 50$.

The only clean and corkable bottles are the ones you do yourself. Still could be a good deal if the lables are off and the sizes are similiar for stacking purposes

Cheers

Hi there! I just started too and am eager to start my 2nd batch even though I haven't even started bottling the first batch! Wow, Alan, I am with you! I better get to hopping! Good to know!
Bottles: Honkey, I just went to the local little italian restaurant in my neighborhood for dinner last night; told them I was making my own wine and could I have some bottles from last night ---- I walked out of there with 4 cases of empty bottles. Then they just said call them when I want more! Plus I just ask my husbands co-workers and my friends to save their bottles. So I have almost 80 bottles now I bet. I clean the labels off a few at a time and then will santize them right before bottling. (But the bottles don't all match)

Latest posts

Back