just really confused

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a wealth of info here. Alot of is in STICKIES in most topics. I suggest ALL members look there and read....

Alot of them came from Wade and us Mods. All of us "been there done that" .
Now we let you know NOT to do some of what we did... LOL

There is a wealth of info here. Alot of is in STICKIES in most topics. I suggest ALL members look there and read....

Alot of them came from Wade and us Mods. All of us "been there done that" .
Now we let you know NOT to do some of what we did... LOL

Yeah, they mess up so we don't have to! :)

Couldn't she just go get a couple of strawberry concentrates and/or strawberry preserves and dump those in and let it re-ferment and then stabilize. I make jams/jellies/preserves and those would seem to do better at obtaining a stronger than normal strawberry flavor since they are highly concentrated with fruit, and also have added sugar to help with 2nd ferment. Or you might end up with something more like a lambic beer

so I get how to make an f-pac. My question now is how much fruit should I use beings that I didn't use the correct amount in the first place? I suppose I would use the amount that would be right for the appropriate recipe. Since I only used 4# of strawberries in my gallons and there should have been 12#/gallon should I just go ahead and use 4#/gallon for the fpac too? Also, do I just pour out half of the wine per gallon before I add it? Or should I rack both gallons into a 5 gallon bottle and add the fpac to that?

Just use 10lbs for your f-pac. if you draw off some of the juice from each gallon to make your f- pac from and then after its made add it back to your gallon jugs. a 5 gallon carboy would give you too much O2 exposure. You want to have these stabilized before adding your f-pac.

Thanks slyguy...I do have both gallons stabilized. I added k-meta and sorbate then i backsweetened until I decided it wasn't getting better. i'm just not sure how to go about adding the f-pac. it seems like I would have to pour out at lest if not more than half of each gallon of wine to add the f-pac. At that point wouldn't it just be better to pour out the colored alcohol and try again? (even though I'm hoping to avoid that) haha

Back