Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picking up my juice order tomorrow at 10:30 am. Going to get it home so it can start warming up. I'm looking forward to trying the various wines when the are ready. This is such an exciting hobby.

Fresh Juice!

Good luck with your next batch of wine you are making. If you are ever interested in making wine from fresh juice from Chile, Italy, California etc. look us up on the web letsdowine com. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

Cheers!

Bob Stanek
V.P. Juice Sales
Let's Do Wine, Beer and Juice Company
716-628-3210
716-686-9969

Oh my gosh Doug what was I thinking. I picked up my pails of Regina this morning. As I look over them after taking the gravity readings and adding enzymes I realized I will have 13 pails fermenting in another day, I have wine waiting to bottle, several carboys (5's and 3's) clearing plus champagne in the cupboards.

WHERE AM I GOING TO PUT ALL OF THESE? Cheese and Rice! I guess we now move some to the floor. Still very exciting though.

Oh my gosh Doug what was I thinking. I picked up my pails of Regina this morning. As I look over them after taking the gravity readings and adding enzymes I realized I will have 13 pails fermenting in another day, I have wine waiting to bottle, several carboys (5's and 3's) clearing plus champagne in the cupboards.

WHERE AM I GOING TO PUT ALL OF THESE? Cheese and Rice! I guess we now move some to the floor. Still very exciting though.

You can move them over here of course and I'll be glad to rid them of the contents so that they won't be so heavy to move next time.

:D

I picked up my juice this am. The Chablis did not come in so i'll get that on monday. Initial readings are as follows. Keep in mind the juice is currently at 44 degrees.

Merlot - 1.1
Ruby Cab - 1.1
Pinot Noir - 1.1
Malvasia Blanc - 1.098
Johanisburg Reisling - 1.094

I know saw a temperature conversion for sg somewhere but I can't find it. Do these reading loog normal. My Chilean were all around 1.092.

I'm figuring it will take a couple days to get up to temperature then I'll pitch the yeast over the weekend.

juice is currently at 44 degrees.

Merlot - 1.1
Ruby Cab - 1.1
Pinot Noir - 1.1
Malvasia Blanc - 1.098
Johanisburg Reisling - 1.094

My Regina juices are as follows;

Chenin Blanc, J. Riesling and Pinot Grigio all 1.090
Cab. Sauv's, Merlot's, Pinot Noir and Zinfandel all 1.094
Syrah's all 1.096

Pectic Enzymes added 9:00 am
I'll add yeast late tonight

Lalvin D-47 for Riesling and Pinot Grigio, Lalvin EC-1118 for Chenin Blanc, Reds Lalvin RC-212 and fruit Lalvin &1B-1122, of course Skeeter Pee Lalvin EC-1118

Juice was at about 68 degrees this am, pitched the yeast in the 5 buckets I have now. All appears to have taken hold. Small foamy layer on top of the juice in all buckets. Will still 2x a day for the next week or so and then check sg in about a week. I'll be leaving for SC eom so I may have to rack to carboy early or leave in buckets a week longer than planned.

Mine are hustling along too. Probably finish fermenting in 6 days. Apple Jack is almost done.

I pick mine up the 24th. After letting warm up and checking sg's. All you do is add the pectic enzyme let sit 24 hrs and add the yeast. Is this correct?

I pick mine up the 24th. After letting warm up and checking sg's. All you do is add the pectic enzyme let sit 24 hrs and add the yeast. Is this correct?

Hey neighbor. If you are using a professional juice such as Regina, it is already sulfited and acid balanced. Allow the juice to warm up a bit. I usually let mine sit 8 hours at most. I'll add P.Enzyme while it's still cool. 12 hours later at the earliest add your yeast starter and nutrients.

Next day if not that evening you will see activity.

I picked up my Chablis this afternoon. It's in the basement now with the rest of the buckets, I'll pitch the yeast tomorrow afternoon once it reaches temperature.

I checked the sg's on the juice while I was pitching the yeast for the chablis. All with the exception of the Malvasia were right around 1.000. THe malvasia was at 1.010. Looks like I'll be transferring to a carboy this weekend before I head to SC.

I add 2 cups of med toast to al the CA reds 2#'s ea bucket of raisens will help alot for body

It's a great time of the year. I picked up my California juice yesterday and very soon I get my Italian juice. It is a great time of the year. :b

I forgot, the SG of the Chablis was 1.088.

I didn't even consider raisins to the juice. I'm still learning all the tricks, it's only my second experience with juice. I oaked my Chilean in the secondary with cubes. Went very light on the oak as swmbo isn't crazy about really oaky wine. Less oak is better she says. I'll do the same with the merlot and pinot noir. I bought oak spirals this time to try out.

So I should also add 2lbs raisins to the primary on the reds and the whites? I usually add them to all my fruit wines. Add oak to the reds? I did pick up some light and medium oak.

Latest posts

Back