Juice ??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archie

Junior
Reaction score
I am ready to bottle tomorrow and I want to back sweeten my merlot.I was planing on useing Grape juice.I noticest that it says refrigerate after opening.I know that I have used grape juice before and not had a problem.Is it alright to use this type of juice to back sweeten?I am using Minute Maid Fresh jucie.

I don't see why not. Most juices you buy at the supermarket will say "refridgerate after opening". That is because they will keep for a longer period of time if you do. Wine has preservatives in it that will help it keep at room temperature for very long periods of time. Ideally you want it in the 55° to 65° range, but I'm sure you already know that.

Once the juice is in the wine I don't think it will be a problem. The K-meta (campden tablets if you used that) and ofcourse, the alcohol, will keep the wine preserved just fine.

good morning ,might i ask if you haven't done it already why are you back sweeting merlo and why are you useing grape juice in a can,just asking,usually merlow is bold to the taste and stronge tannins,and usually dry in finish??????????????????????????just asking

Joe I was thinking that it might be a little to sharp to drink right away,so I was going to back sweeten part to be able to drink now.As it turned out it tasted just fine so I didn't do anything.

Thanks Wino as it worked out we didn't backsweeten at all.I had called george on sat and he said the same thing.

I wouldnt think you would want to backsweeten with grape juice anyway. wouldnt it be better to just take some merlot out, warm it up and add sugar to that?

Latest posts

Back