Juice choice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peterock

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advise on which brand of juice to buy in a upcoming months since I'm unfamiliar with either.

They are both Chilean

Mosti Mondiale

Toro Negra

I'm planning on 1 each of the following

Cabernet Sauvignon

Merlot

Thanks,

Pete

Ooopps I forgot.
I would also like some recomendations on which yeast to use along with the juice choice

If you are using Lalvin yeast I would recommend RC212 for the Cab. Sauv. and Merlot.

Packaged dry. I used it for my fresh grapes last Fall. No problems. I had a very high Brix must as well and it went to dry w/o incident. I rehydrated prior to pitching. I also used some Go-Ferm

Cool thanks DJ. Is that a dry yeast? Do or should I make a starter?

It is dry. I buy several at a time and keep in my refer. I rehydrated it and then added. Here's a link on how to do that if you need to know.

I have never made a starter, always rehydrated and added and never had a problem. Some take off faster than others depending upon temperature of your juice. For reds I like to ferment in the 60's if I can. 70's are fine but if I can I prefer a slightly slower ferm.

I'm looking for some advise on which brand of juice to buy in a upcoming months since I'm unfamiliar with either.
They are both Chilean
Mosti Mondiale
Toro Negra
I'm planning on 1 each of the following
Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Thanks,
Pete
I've never heard of Toro Negra, and some Yahoo searches only brought up cigars.

According to the instructions on the MM site, the MM Chile Fresco product is "pre-inoculated with selected yeast".
http://mostimondiale.com/FreshJuiceInstructions.pdf

Steve

Back